Pursue Your Passions in Fort Lauderdale
Whether youʼre a thrill seeker or a chill seeker, Greater Fort Lauderdale has plenty of ways for you to play before or after your cruise. Miles of sun soaked beaches. Scenic waterways everywhere you look. 31 neighborhoods full of world-class dining and nightlife. Extend your vacation on either end (or both!) and experience a city thatʼs a thrilling destination on its own.
If youʼre a beach lover:
- At Hillsboro Beach, climb the 175 steps of the historic Hillsboro Lighthouse for a postcard-worthy view.
- At Pompano Beach, stroll, fish and people-watch at the 900-foot Fisher Family Pier with its pompano-fish-shaped platform.
- At Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, snorkel and dive among a rainbow of sea life in a living coral reef just 100 yards from the shore.
If youʼre a nature lover:
- Take an airboat ride through the legendary Everglades for an up-close look at everything from wading birds to alligators.
- Feel all aflutter at Butterfly World, the worldʼs largest butterfly park with 20,000 live butterflies.
- Go local at Flamingo Gardens, 60 acres of native and exotic plants plus 90 species of animals who call Florida home.
If youʼre a foodie:
- Sample top-tier sushi while you sail along the canals in a gondola.
- Uncover the treasures of hidden speakeasies and the refreshing sips youʼll find along the Visit Lauderdale Ale Trail.
- Take your pick of world-class restaurants helmed by award-winning chefs.
If youʼre a culture connoisseur:
- Dive into history at the whimsical Bonnet House & Gardens, a 35-acre subtropical estate.
- Explore the local art scene through the Downtown Hollywood Mural Project, a walking tour that features 30 contemporary outdoor murals by famous artists.
- See a show – Broadway, orchestra, opera, ballet – at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts.
If youʼre a fashionista:
- Shop ‘til you drop at Sawgrass Mills, the U.S.ʼs largest luxury outlet shopping destination.
- Browse the boutiques and art galleries of the palm-lined Las Olas Boulevard that bridges the Intracoastal Waterway.
- Sample the wares at Gulfstream Park, where you can also bet on horse races and in the casino.
Why wait till youʼre in Ft. Lauderdale to find your adventures? Plan them now at VisitLauderdale.com!
By clicking the link above, you will leave the Princess Cruises website and navigate to a 3rd party website that is not owned, operated, or controlled by Princess Cruises or any of its affiliates.