Sail to the Eastern or Western Caribbean on a cruise from Port Canaveral (Orlando) and island hop to top rated islands such as St. Thomas, Turks & Caicos, and Cozumel. Can't decide between the Eastern or the Western Caribbean? No problem – we have an itinerary that brings you to both regions from Port Canaveral, as well.
Explore Florida’s Space Coast and the Theme Park Capital of the World – Orlando, before you embark on a cruise from Port Canaveral with Princess®. Take a visit to the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, steer a freighter simulation at Exploration Tower, venture through the Brevard Zoo, or ride on the roller coasters of Orlando’s theme parks. Whether you are looking for family-friendly activities or adventurous things to do, you’ll have amazing experiences to remember before even stepping aboard your cruise vacation.
What to Know About Cruises from Port Canaveral
Known as the world’s most popular cruise port, Port Canaveral welcomes you to explore all it has to offer. Here’s everything to learn about your cruise from Port Canaveral (Orlando).
Port Canaveral at a glance
- Language: English
- Currency: U.S. Dollar (USD)
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (ET)
- Docking: Your cruise from Port Canaveral docks at the Cruise Terminal in Florida’s Cape Canaveral, around 45 miles away from the Orlando Airport (MCO).
- Attire: Located along the Atlantic Coast of East Central Florida, Cape Canaveral has an overall average high temperature of 82 degrees Fahrenheit and an average low of 62. If you're visiting the Kennedy Space Center, bring along casual attire appropriate for the time of year. Always pack a bathing suit – because even if the water is a bit chilly to swim in, sunbathing is a year-round sport in Florida.
- Transportation: You can get around by Uber, Lyft, a shuttle, limousine, or rental car.
Things to do in Port Canaveral
Before getting on a cruise from Port Canaveral, or after your debarkation, add visits to the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, the Exploration Tower, and the US Air Force Space & Missile Museum. Take in a day of fishing on one of the charter boats docked at the port and relax to the sound of crashing waves on uncrowded beaches. Make the most of your dream vacation by exploring the one-of-a-kind Port Canaveral on Florida’s Space Coast before your cruise or choose one of our debarkation tours.
Ships that Cruise from Port Canaveral
Our Princess fleet includes some of the best cruises from Port Canaveral. Find the comforts of home along with the luxuries you deserve on board any of our ships. Discover what makes our fleet so unique.
Learn more about: Caribbean Princess
Travel, Airfare, & Hotels: Let Princess Get You There
Need help planning?
Princess Cruise Vacation Planners are a dedicated resource to help you every step of the way through the planning process of your cruise vacation. And the best part is, they are absolutely FREE!
Cruise deals & promotions
Find our top sales, deals, partnerships and promotions for our destinations all in one place. We run promotions throughout the year and sometimes run sweepstakes where you could win prizes!