The Travel Experience of a Lifetime: Princess Cruises Announces 2023 World Cruise to 50 Must-See Destinations
MedallionClass Ship Island Princess Sails the World on 111-day Voyage
Princess Cruises World Cruise guests have been fulfilling their travel dreams of traversing the globe via a cruise ship for more than two decades. The cruise line’s newly announced 2023 World Cruise itinerary, on sale February 10, 2021, continues to deliver a destination-packed itinerary to more countries than ever before.
Sailing roundtrip from North America, the 111- or 97-day journey from both Ft. Lauderdale and Los Angeles sets sail in January 2023, onboard Island Princess. Guests will experience 50 destinations across 31 countries and six continents, including Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, South America and North America.
The 111-day roundtrip voyage from Ft. Lauderdale departs on January 5, 2023, and from Los Angeles on January 19, 2023. A 97-day World Cruise from Los Angeles to Ft. Lauderdale is also offered, setting sail on January 19, 2023.
Noteworthy 2023 World Cruise details include:
- Island Princess will sail 34,500 nautical miles in 111 days.
- Maiden port call to Gythion, Greece, famously known as the port for ancient Sparta, rich with Greek history.
- Visits to 21 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including the archaeological city of Petra (from Aqaba, Jordan), Mount Etna (from Catania, Italy) and the ancient Greek city of Ephesus in Turkey.
- The World Cruise will cross the Equator twice.
- The cruise will offer overnight visits in the modern city Dubai and the distinctively beautiful Venice and 10 “More Ashore” late-night calls so guests can make the most of their time exploring new cultures in port.
- Countries visited include French Polynesia, New Zealand, Australia, Thailand, Israel, Greece, Croatia, Italy, Spain, Panama, Costa Rica and more.
The 2023 World Cruise goes on sale with rates starting at $19,199/person. Guests booking the 97- or 111-day World Cruise by August 31, 2021 receive early booking perks, including:
- Drinks with Tips – guests enjoy the Premier Beverage Package with everything from cocktails, beer and wine to specialty coffees, smoothies and bottled water.
- Unlimited Wi-Fi – cruisers can video chat and text with family back home, stream favorite shows and check e-mail.
- Gratuities – full daily gratuities are paid to crew on behalf of cruise guests.
- First-Class or Economy Roundtrip Airfare – guests booked in mini-suites or suites fly first class to and from LAX or FLL, while guests booking a balcony stateroom receive free economy airfare. Only valid on flights departing the United States or Canada.
- Money to Spend On Board – for shopping, shore excursions, spa treatments and more, a $500 per guest (for the first two guests) is applied.
- Specialty Dining – each guest can dine at award-winning specialty restaurants up to four times during the voyage without worrying about the cover charge.
Captain’s Circle members also enjoy an extra $1,000 in savings per guest on their cruise fare (for the first two guests).
Island Princess, sailing her second World Cruise, features more than 700 balconies, a Princess Luxury Bed in each stateroom, specialty and casual dining options and more. World Cruise guests delight in the Encounters with Discovery speaker series that includes authors, artists, explorers and more, as well as culinary demonstrations, cooking classes, special-themed menus, foreign movies and regional folkloric shows to bring the destinations to life.
Island Princess also features the MedallionClass Experience, offering a number of new features that leverage touchless technologies and significantly enhance and personalize the guest experience, as well as support new health protocols.
The cruise line’s award-winning OceanMedallion™ wearable device replaces the traditional cruise card to significantly expand touch-free options and personalization on board Princess MedallionClass™ ships including:
- touchless embarkation and disembarkation
- keyless stateroom entry
- completely touchless commerce
- simplified safety training
- on-demand food, beverages and retail items delivered anywhere on board
- guest service requests via mobile device chat
- location-based gaming and wagering
- entertainment content via smart devicesPrincess MedallionClass ships also offer the best Wi-Fi at sea, MedallionNet™, so guests can stay connected to the things and people they love and share vacation memories with ease. MedallionNet offers unprecedented connectivity that’s fast, unlimited, reliable, and affordable with an access point in every stateroom, so guests can stream favorite movies, shows, games and music; connect to favorite social media sites; and video chat from anywhere on the ship.
More information about the World Cruise is available at www.princess.com/world.
Princess Cruises is currently enhancing health and safety protocols with input from global health leaders in response to COVID-19 and assessing how they may impact future itineraries. Actual offerings may vary from what is displayed in marketing materials. Click on the following links to stay updated on current Cruise Updates and Health & Safety protocols.