Princess Cruises Announces 2022 Alaska Cruises & Cruisetours
2022 Season Includes Princess Cruises' Newest Ship – Discovery Princess – Marking the Youngest Ship Sailing in Alaska
With more than 50 years sailing in the “Great Land,” exclusive rail service and Princess Wilderness Lodges, it’s no wonder more guests choose Princess in Alaska than any other cruise line. On sale Dec. 16, 2020, the newly announced 2022 Alaska cruise and cruisetour program offers six ships, including the line’s newest ship, Discovery Princess. Guests can choose from 12 cruise itineraries, plus 25 seamless cruisetour options, combining an unforgettable cruise and land tour visiting the extraordinary Denali National Park.
For the May through September 2022 season, four convenient west coast home ports – Seattle, Vancouver, B.C., Anchorage (Whittier) and San Francisco – make traveling to Alaska seamless and hassle-free. The 143,700-ton, 3,660-passenger Discovery Princess, marks her inaugural season as the youngest ship in Alaska departing from Seattle on the popular seven-day Inside Passage itinerary, alongside Emerald Princess. Majestic Princess debuts along with Sapphire Princess and Grand Princess sailing the top-rated seven-day Voyage of the Glaciers itinerary, which features two glacier viewing experiences on every cruise including Glacier Bay National Park (Vancouver, B.C. to Anchorage [Whittier] or vice versa). Ruby Princess offers 10-day Inside Passage cruises out of San Francisco, featuring the added bonus of the awe-inspiring sailaway under the iconic Golden Gate Bridge.
All six ships sailing to Alaska in 2022 are MedallionClass-enabled so guests enjoy an effortless guest experience, delivering highly personalized service and enabling touchless interactive experiences and entertainment. Among enhancements, guests enjoy expedited boarding; on-demand food, beverage, retail and service delivery; keyless stateroom entry; contactless payment; friends and family locator; anywhere wagering; interactive games; and movies/live TV on the go along with the best Wi-FI at sea with MedallionNet.
Cruisetour guests see even more of Alaska by combining a seven-day Voyage of the Glaciers cruise with multiple nights on land in the heart of Alaska. With dozens of options ranging from 10 to 17 nights, every cruisetour includes a visit to Denali National Park. Princess owns and operates five wilderness lodges, located on the doorsteps of legendary national parks. The cruise line also offers their exclusive Direct-to-the-Wilderness rail service that takes guests from the cruise ship to the Denali area and custom-built wilderness lodges in the same day, for more time to explore and less time in transit.
Additional 2022 Alaska program highlights include:
- 17 destinations – including five glacier-viewing experiences – on 12 unique itineraries and 140 departures. Most cruise itineraries include visits to the quaint Southeast Alaska towns of Juneau, Ketchikan and Skagway.
- 82 calls to Glacier Bay National Park on seven unique itineraries. That means, 74 percent of Princess Alaska cruises include calls to magnificent Glacier Bay National Park.
- All cruisetours combine a seven-day Voyage of the Glaciers cruise with extended stays at exclusive Princess wilderness lodge. Every cruisetour includes a visit to Alaska’s top-two attractions, Glacier Bay National Park and Denali National Park.
- Back by popular demand, the 17-day Ultimate Princess Connoisseur cruisetour features two nights at each one of the five Princess Wilderness Lodges for the ultimate Alaska vacation.
- In 2022, Princess celebrates the 20th anniversary of the Copper River Princess Wilderness Lodge, located just outside Wrangell-St. Elias National Park, America’s largest national park.
- Princess continues to enhance the award-winning North to Alaska program, bringing local Alaskans, culture and fresh seafood onboard and ashore to immerse guests in all things Alaska. From Cook My Catch, to Puppies in the Piazza, to mountain climbers, to Libby Riddles – the first female Iditarod Champion.
Princess past guests are eligible for a special promotion when they book early. The special promotion consists of a Captain’s Circle launch discount of up to $100 per person. Offer expires April 30, 2021.
Additional information about Princess Cruises is available through a professional travel advisor, by calling 1-800-PRINCESS (1-800-774-6237), or by visiting the company's website at www.princess.com.
Princess Cruises is currently enhancing health and safety protocols with input from global health leaders in response to COVID-19 and assessing how they may impact future itineraries. Actual offerings may vary from what is displayed in marketing materials. Click on the following links to stay updated on current Cruise Updates, Health & Safety protocols, and CDC Travel Advisories.