Princess Cruises Announces 2023 Japan Cruises & Cruisetours Season
Temples, Shrines & Castles, Festivals, Vibrant Cities and Spring Flowers Abound on Diverse Array of Cruise Itineraries to Treasured Island Nation
The lure of Japan’s architecture, traditions, festivals and landscapes can magically come to life for travelers during the newly announced 2023 cruises and cruisetours season from Princess Cruises. On sale today, a multitude of itineraries spanning from the southern tropical islands of Okinawa to the northernmost island of Hokkaido, offer guests the opportunity to discover the culture, history, cuisine and natural wonders of Japan, where ancient traditions and fast-paced modernity exist in harmony.
Japan-built Diamond Princess returns for the summer and fall of 2023 to celebrate the 10th anniversary of sailing from Tokyo (Yokohama) and Kobe. The ship--designed with the destination in mind, featuring regionally infused cuisine, unique entertainment and a tranquil Izumi, the largest Japanese bath at sea—calls to 38 destinations in four countries on 43 unique itineraries and 57 departures, ranging from 5- to 19-days.
Top reasons to experience Japan with Princess in 2023 include:
- Temples, Shrines, Castles – Guests delight in the abundance of stunning temples and shrines, like the magnificent 16th century Osaka Castle or Seiryu-ji Temple, home of Japan’s largest bronze seated Buddha.
- Festivals – Opportunities to experience seven festivals, including Japan’s world-famous Kyoto Gion Festival, featuring massive, hand-crafted “Yama” and “Hoko” floats that are constructed every year without the use of nails, or watch a display of 10,000 fireworks during the Kumano Fireworks Festival.
- Vibrant Cities & Landscapes – Astounding cities where the 21st century coexists with the spirit of ancient Japan thrive, such as shopping in Tokyo’s Ginza district, trying local delicacies at nearby restaurants or exploring the Imperial Palace plaza. With access to seven UNESCO World Heritage Sites, guests can marvel at Mt. Fuji, the Hiroshima Peace Memorial and the Historic Monuments of Ancient Kyoto.
- Spring Flowers, Gardens and Onsens – Travelers soak in spring flowers all over Japan during spring, whether it’s visiting a classic Japanese garden, seeing hundreds of sakura (cherry blossoms) while picnicking, enjoying the meditative atmosphere of tranquil parks or soaking in the healing benefits of a geothermal “onsen” natural hot spring bath.
- Cruising with Princess is THE Best Way to See Japan – On a cruise with the #1 North American Cruise Line in the island nation of Japan, guests can book airfare with worry-free flight booking with Princess EZair, enjoy low rates, late arrival protection and flexible booking. Princess offers English-speaking guides and shore excursions to enjoy the stunning sights and local culture to the fullest, and features eight “More Ashore” late-night stays in ports such as Akita, Aomori, Hakodate and Osaka (for Kyoto).
- Princess MedallionClass vacation – A significant part of the guest services experience includes the cruise line’s effortless and personalized Princess MedallionClass vacation, simplifying the guest experience and delivering next-level service.
For those travelers with more time to explore Japan, Princess offers 13- or 14-day Highlights of Japan cruisetours, featuring a multiple-night land tour combined with the cruise, for more time on land to experience the wonders of both Tokyo and Kyoto.
More information about the multitude of offerings to explore Japan with Princess in 2023 can be found at www.princess.com/japan.
Additional information about Princess Cruises is available through a professional travel advisor, by calling 1-800-PRINCESS (1-800-774-6237), or by visiting the company's website at http://www.princess.com/.