Princess Cruises News Center
Press Release – 04/15/2013
Princess Cruises Adds New "Ruby" Level to Captain's Circle Loyalty Program
Passengers with Four or Five Cruises will Enjoy New Benefits
SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (April 15, 2013) – Princess Cruises has expanded its Captain’s Circle loyalty program with the addition of a new membership category – the Ruby level. The new tier, for passengers sailing on a fourth or fifth cruise, or between 31 and 50 cruise days, fits between the program’s current Gold and Platinum levels. The new level goes into effect with voyages beginning on or after today.
Ruby level members will now enjoy extra benefits in addition to Gold level perks, including a complimentary upgrade to the Platinum Princess Vacation Protection and a discount on the price of a souvenir Reflections DVD.
“This new Captain’s Circle level offers passengers who’ve discovered cruising with Princess a way to move up the program’s tiers at a faster rate.” said Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises executive vice president. “We know Gold members are often anxious to reach the next tier, so this new level will add some benefits before they become Platinum members.”
Ruby level benefits include:
- Complimentary upgrade to Platinum Princess Vacation Protection – When passengers purchase the standard Princess Vacation Protection, they will receive a complimentary upgrade to Platinum protection. Available for US and Canadian passengers, this added coverage includes double benefits for Accidents & Sickness Medical Expense and Baggage/Personal Effects coverage. In addition, the special cancellation feature increases to a 100 percent credit.
- A 10% discount off the purchase of the Reflections Cruise DVD – On each cruise, onboard videographers capture live memories from the sailing, including ports of call, shore excursions, ship events, and behind-the-scenes information about the ship. Ruby members and higher can now take advantage of this new benefit to purchase the cruise souvenir at a 10 percent discount. (*where available, cannot be combined with any other promotion, excluding world cruise)
- Access to preferred shoreside Captain’s Circle help desk phone line – Ruby members can now enjoy an exclusive shoreside phone number for contact to the Circle Desk. Calls will be routed quickly through to the membership desk to assist with cruise history, membership status, benefits delivery or any other Captain’s Circle-related questions.
- Ruby Pin – Members will receive a new two-toned burgundy and gold pin.
- All Gold level benefits – Members continue to get benefits such as special cruise pricing, members-only events on board, The Princess Captain’s Circle Quarterly magazine, access to an onboard Captain’s Circle host, and other special features for members.
The Princess Captain’s Circle program offers special onboard recognition to passengers based on their number of completed cruises or days sailed – whichever is most beneficial to the passenger. Members enjoy various ongoing rewards, plus special benefits based on their level. In addition to the new Ruby level, the program includes Gold (after one Princess cruise), Platinum (after five cruises or 50 cruise days) and Elite (after 15 cruises or 150 cruise days) levels.
Additional information about Princess Cruises is available through a professional travel agent, by calling 1-800-PRINCESS, or by visiting the company's website at www.princess.com.
- News Center
- Fast Facts
- Press Releases
- Notices & Advisories
- Backgrounders & Fact Sheets
- Godmothers of Princess Ships
- Press Photos
- Awards & Accolades
- For Investors
- Cruise Planning: Travel Articles & Information
- Media Contacts