FAQs: Before You Leave
Pre-reserve popular shore excursions, Lotus Spa appointments, arrange for flowers to be delivered to your stateroom and much more! Click on a topic headline to view detailed information relating to your selection.
Boarding Passes and Luggage Tags
The Boarding Pass provides information required at embarkation. There are two types of Boarding Passes: Regular and Preferred.
Regular Boarding Pass
- The booking has been paid in full
- The required immigration information has been added to the booking
- A credit card has been registered for onboard use
Preferred Boarding Pass
- The guest is either a Platinum or Elite member of the Princess Captain's Circle or booked in a full suite
- The booking has been paid in full
- The required immigration information has been added to the booking
- A credit card has been registered for onboard use
Printing your boarding pass and luggage tags is fast and easy! Beginning 75 days prior to sailing, you can print your boarding pass and luggage tags once the booking is paid in full and we’ve been provided with all your guest immigration information and credit card registration.
Simply log-in to Cruise Personalizer® to access and print this information!
Your Travel Summary, an electronic version of the cruise ticket, is available online via the Cruise Personalizer®. The Travel Summary provides the following booking details and options:
- Cruise Summary
- Packages & Transfers (if purchased)
- Important Notices
- Pre-Reserved Shore Excursions
- Lotus Spa Appointments
- Special Services (if purchased by the guest)
Age Requirements/Traveling with Children
Guests under the age of 21 years must travel in a stateroom with a guest 21 years or older who shall assume responsibility for their care during the cruise. For family groups booking multiple staterooms, the minimum age for each stateroom is 16 years of age, provided they are traveling with a parent or legal guardian. We are unable to accept group reservations for student or youth groups that do not conform to our minimum age requirements. Each guest agrees and warrants that he/she will supervise any guest in his/her care at all times to ensure all policies, along with all other rules of the Carrier and ship, are strictly adhered to by all guests under their supervision.
Passport requirement when minors travel with one adult on voyages governed by the U.S. Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (includes travel within Bermuda, Canada, Caribbean, Mexico & United States)
When minors (any guest under the age of 18) are traveling with only one adult 21 years of age or older, Princess requires that all guests possess a valid passport. Carrier has implemented this requirement so that Your party remains together should an emergency arise that requires one or more in your party to disembark in a non-U.S. port. Carrier cannot guarantee that all members of Your party are allowed to disembark with just a WHTI-compliant document or birth certificate. Failure to present a valid passport for all guests traveling together results in denial of boarding without refund of the of the cruise or cruisetour fare.
Minimum Age Requirements:
Infants must be at least 6 months of age at the time of embarkation in order to sail.
Infants must be at least 12 months of age at the time of embarkation to sail on the following:
- Transocean crossings (Atlantic, Pacific, Indian, Antarctic, Arctic etc.)
- Any other itinerary which may in the opinion of the Medical Department present a significant risk to infants between 6-12 months of age requiring emergency medical care.
This would include World Cruises (excluding coastal segments), South America, Panama Canal, crossing the Tasman Sea (Australia-New Zealand), South Pacific Islands, including Hawaii-Tahiti (excluding fly cruising to French Polynesia with local cruising only).
Cruisetours: The minimum age for escorted cruisetours is 5 years.
US and Canadian regulations require that children up to the age of 8 years old may be required to travel in a car seat, booster seat or other child restraint system. When being transported by car, taxi, limo, van or shuttle, it is your responsibility to know the regulations and provide the applicable child restraint system.
Infants/Young Children and Swimming Pools
Parents/guardians are reminded to bring their children dressed in appropriate attire with towel and sunscreen. Youth staff will not conduct children's activities in the adult or splash pools. Parents must supervise their children at all times when using the pools. Infants and young children in diapers and/or swim diapers, and children who are not toilet trained are NOT permitted in any of the pools or spas due to public health concerns.
Our policy is strictly observed onboard and is intended for the public health safety of all guests.
Documents for guests under the age of 18
Several countries require special documentation for children traveling with only one parent or with neither parent; these requirements are subject to change without notice. Many foreign countries require any single parent or guardian to bring a permission slip for the minor to travel abroad. It is your responsibility to ensure that you possess the proper documents for all of the countries that you will visit. Please verify requirements with the consulates of the countries visited prior to your cruise.
For guests under 21 years of age or those who are traveling with children, please note:
- Entry into the disco after 10 p.m. is limited to guests 18 years and over. Be sure to check with the Youth and Teen Centers for special dance parties designed for kids and teens.
- Children who are toilet-trained and accompanied by a parent or guardian are permitted in the sauna and hot tub(s) unless otherwise specified.
- Guests under the age of 13 are allowed in the evening entertainment show lounges if they are with their parent or guardian.
- In line with domestic U.S. age limits, as well as our company policy, the casino, cash prize bingo and horse racing are reserved for guests 18 years and older. Picture identification may be requested.
- Guests under the age of 18 are prohibited from purchasing cigarettes or tobacco products while on board.
Youth and teen programs
Princess offers entertaining options for all ages, with our Pelicans and Shockwaves programs made especially with junior cruisers ages 3-12 in mind. And for cruisers age 13-17, we offer a unique Teen Center. Pelicans and Shockwaves give kids the chance to enjoy everything from arts and crafts, game tables, movies, splash pools (on select ships) and more. For toddlers, there’s even a special play area and outdoor deck.
Children are welcome on all Princess ships, but facilities vary. Pacific Princess® does not have dedicated Youth and Teen Centers. However, when 20 or more children ages 3 to 17 are traveling on this ship, they will enjoy a varied schedule of supervised activities organized by a Youth Activities Coordinator. All Youth and Teen Centers are fully supervised by our staff of Youth Activities Coordinators.
Don’t miss the orientation and registration meeting on the first night of your cruise. You and your children can meet the Youth and Teen staff and learn more about our exciting shipboard programs. Parents are always welcome to join their children in the Youth and Teen Centers.
Children under 3 are not permitted in the Youth Center unless accompanied by a parent at all times. Youth Center staff cannot administer medication, bottle-feed, change diapers, or provide meal service. Private in-cabin babysitting is not available on any Princess ship. All children participating in the Youth program must be potty-trained. Children who are not potty-trained are not permitted in hot tub or pool facilities.
CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
Princess welcomes all children and teens ages 3-17 to participate in our programs. Let our staff know of all medical and/or special needs for your children. We will make every effort to accommodate them. Please be advised that Princess Youth staff do not offer individual one-on-one supervision.
JUST FOR TEENS
Remix offers teens a range of activities including teen only dance parties, sports tournaments and talent shows. Or, have fun meeting other teens with the Dating Game. Those seeking a creative retreat will enjoy hip-hop dance classes, T-shirt painting, casino nights, mocktails, pizza parties or special teen-only dinners.
Booking Shore Excursions
Get the most out of your experience at port by booking a shore excursion. Princess® offers a variety of excursions perfect for families, sightseeing, adventure, and exploring wildlife and nature. You can book your shore excursion with Cruise Personalizer® from approximately 180 days before travel, and up to 5 days before you depart. Learn more about our ports and excursions.
Onboard credit will not be accepted for pre-reservations, however, it can be used once onboard to off-set payment for additional excursions purchased onboard.
Pre-pay your Gratuity
For your convenience, we're pleased to offer you the ability to pre-pay the gratuity that is included in your folio onboard at the end of your cruise. You can also utilize this service as a gift for someone else who may be cruising.
The gratuity amount is based on the itinerary length. It is $15.50 per guest for suites, $14.50 per guest for mini-suites and club class, and $13.50 per guest for interior, oceanview, and balcony staterooms.
To take advantage of this service, login to Cruise Personalizer to pre-pay online, or simply call 1-855-500-7690 and reference Special Service Item #0591. Pre-payment is available up to 2 days prior to departure.
Pre-pay Beverage Packages & Cellars
Pre-paying beverage packages and cellars offer a great way to save time at embarkation. From a bottle of wine to beer specials to our all-inclusive* option that features cocktails, sodas and bottled water, there's a beverage package to quench every thirst.
To take advantage of pre-payment, login to Cruise Personalizer to pre-pay online, or simply call 1-855-500-7690. Pre-payment is available up to 2 days prior to departure.
*Please note: Beverage packages are calculated based on the total number of days of your cruise. All inclusive beverage package does not include bottles of wine; however, when purchased in the bars, dining rooms, or in the stateroom, will be available at a 40% discount from the menu price. Applicable to all bottles below $100 retail.
All inclusive beverage package is not currently offered on Sun Princess, Sea Princess and Dawn Princess or Diamond Princess, Emerald Princess and Golden Princess voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.
Pre-reserving Lotus Spa Appointments
Like the Lotus flower, the Lotus Spa offers a tranquil environment where you can renew your mind and body with exotic spa therapies from around the world. As you embark on this sensory journey, you’ll instantly achieve a blissful state of nirvana — leaving you completely revitalized as you welcome another day.
To help you achieve this revitalization, the Lotus Spa offers a full range of personalized spa treatments, including hair and beauty services, massage, sensuous wraps, aroma therapies and even teeth whitening.
Spa advance reservations are accepted between 120 to 7 days prior to departure. Guests must be 18 years or older to indulge in any body treatments and at least 16 years of age to utilize the fitness facilities. Other Spa services are available to guests 13 years and older when accompanied by an adult.
Visit Cruise Personalizer® to pre-reserve your Lotus Spa appointment today!
Ship Deck Plans
We make it easy for you to get to know your ship. With industry-leading interactive deck plans and virtual tours, you’ll be able to see your ship before you board.
To learn more about your ship, click here and select the ship you’ll be sailing on.
Port Driving Directions
We’ve put together embarkation port guides that provide details – including driving directions, parking information, luggage handling tips and more for your reference!
Guests who are driving should arrive at the pier 2-3 hours prior to sailing. Guests who arrive earlier than recommended will have to wait until embarkation begins.
For sailings from Port Everglades (FLL), Houston (HOU), Los Angeles (LAX), New York (NYC), San Francisco (SFO), Seattle (SEA), and Vancouver (YVR) guests may obtain general port information (including driving directions to the port) by viewing the PDFs below, or by contacting the port parking companies directly.
|PORT GUIDE (PDF)||PORT PARKING CONTACT INFO|
|Ft. Lauderdale - Port Everglades|
Please check the signage at the port for your pier location.
1850 Eller Dr Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
|Houston - Bayport Terminal|
4700 Cruise Rd Pasadena-Seabrook, TX 77586
|Los Angeles - San Pedro World Cruise Terminal|
100 Swinford Ave San Pedro, CA, 90731
|New York - Brooklyn Cruise Terminal|
72 Bowne St Brooklyn, NY 11231
|San Francisco - Pier 27|
The Embarcadero San Francisco, CA 94111
|Reservations can be made at www.55francisco.com|
|Seattle - Pier 91|
2001 W. Garfield St Seattle, WA 98119
|Vancouver - Canada Place|
999 Canada Place Vancouver, BC V6C 3C1
|604-684-2251 or 604-681-8306 or 800-665-0050|
|View additional departure & return ports.|
Parking Prices are approximate and subject to change:
- FLL - There are about 2,500 parking spaces available in a six-level parking garage adjacent to Pier 2 for cruise guests in the Northport Parking Garage. Prices are $15 per day per vehicle. Please note that oversized vehicles are $19 per day and any vehicles over 20' in length cannot be accommodated. There is NO RV parking. Cash and credit cards (American Express, Visa, Mastercard, & Discover) are accepted.
- HOU - 1,000 parking slots and are adding more. Security is provided. 7 day cruises: $80.00 per week / $75.00 per week if prepaid. There is no parking fee for disabled American Veterans who present appropriate documentation. Parking reservations can be made online or by phone. To make an online parking reservation, proceed to the Parking Reservation website. To make a parking reservation by phone or if you have any questions about parking, please call: 1-877-710-2737.
- LAX - There are over 2,500 parking spots in a secure lot which is run by Parking Concepts Inc. Overnight parking is available at a maximum of $16 per day per parking space (if you are in a large vehicle or occupy multiple spaces, you will be charged for all occupied spaces). Cash, travelers checks, and credit cards are all accepted. Parking is on a first come, first served basis and no reservations are required. Lot hours are between 9:00 am - 6:00 pm pst. Guests can visit www.lacruisecenter.com or call 310-547-4357 for more information.
- NYC - Parking is available at the Brooklyn Cruise terminal for $23 for the first night and $20 for each day after that (for multiple days) in a secure lot which includes handicapped spaces as well. Guests can visit www.nycruise.com or call 718-246-2794 x303 for additional information.
- SFO - ACE Parking located at 55 Francisco St. San Francisco CA 94133, across from the cruise terminal. Parking is available for cruise guests for $18 per calendar day for cars and $28 per calendar day for oversized vehicles. Parking lot is run by Ace Parking at www.55Francisco.com. Payable via credit card - Visa, Mastercard and American Express are accepted for payment. For reservation information, guests can call 415-398-1900 x112.
- SEA - Parking is available at Pier 91 (provided by Republic Parking Northwest) for $25 per day or $140 per week for regular sized vehicles. For RVs up to 18', the cost is $196 per week and for RVs 18' and larger (including 5th wheels) is $245 per week. If guest has an RV towing a car on a trailer, they must pay both the RV and the regular sized car pricing. There are 1000+ parking spaces (including handicapped parking) and oversized vehicles and RVs are welcome. Parking is on a first come, first served basis and Republic Parking Northwest does not take reservations, however, guests can go to http://www.rpnw.com/locations/seattle and pre-pay (online only) for a quicker exit post cruise.
- YVR - On-site parking for Canada Place pier is run by Citipark (Canada Place) in a two-story parking garage. Awaiting confirmation for pricing per day. Guests may contact Citipark toll free at 866-856-8080 or at 604-684-2251 with any additional questions.
FAQ: Cruise Answer Place
- Alaska Cruisetours
- Asia Cruisetours
- Australia Cruisetours
- Canada & New England Cruisetours
- Europe Cruisetours
- South America Cruisetours
Cruise Answer Book
Ready to Come Back New?
Search our range of itineraries to find one that's right for you.
Find a Cruise