How to Play Craps
Proposition Bets $1 Minimum
Line Bets $5 Minimum - $200 Maximum (Double Odds)
Craps is said to be the world's fastest and most popular casino game. Casino Craps has evolved through the centuries from similar games played by the Romans with pieces of bone and ivory marked with letters and numbers. In fact modern dice today are often called "bones," thus tying this exciting game to that played by our gambling ancestors.
How to Play
- PASS LINE - To bet that the shooter will win, place your bet on the Pass line before the first roll of the dice, the "Come Out Roll." If a 7 or an 11 is rolled on the Come Out, you win even money. If the shooter throws "Craps" (2, 3 or 12) on the first roll, you lose. Any other number rolled, becomes the "Point," and your Point must be rolled again before a 7 is rolled to win.
- COME BETS - Can be placed any time after the Come Out roll. Like Pass bets, Come bets win if a 7 or an 11 is rolled on the next throw of the dice. They lose if a 2, 3, or 12 is thrown. Any other number becomes your "Come Point" and this number must be rolled before a 7 is thrown to win.
- DON'T PASS BAR - The opposite of the Pass Line. This area doubles as the Don't Come, the opposite of the Come. If a 2 or 3 is thrown on the first roll, you win. If the shooter throws a 7 or an 11 you lose. If a 12 is rolled, it is a "stand off" and no one wins. Any other number thrown becomes the Point. You win if a 7 is thrown before the Point is rolled again.
- DOUBLE ODDS - Double odds allow the player to make an additional bet behind the pass line up to double the original bet. This bet is placed “behind” the original bet and is paid at true odds.
- BIG 6 AND BIG 8 - Bet that the shooter will throw a 6 or 8 before a 7 is thrown. You can place or pick up these bets at any time prior to a roll and the bets pay even money.
- FIELD BETS - A one roll bet that the shooter will roll a 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11 or 12 on the next roll. Any other numbers loses. A 2 or 12 pays double and all other winning numbers pay even money.
- HORN BETS - A one roll bet that includes 2, 3, 11 and 12. You may also bet these numbers individually. A 2 or 12 pays 30-to-1 and a 3 or 11 pays 15-to-1.
- ANY CRAPS - A one roll bet that includes 2, 3, 12 and pays 7-to-1.
- CRAPS / ELEVEN - A "C and E" is a one roll bet that splits the money between an Any Craps (2, 3 and 12) and 11.
- ANY SEVEN - A one roll bet that pays 4-to-1.
- HARDWAYS - You are betting that a shooter will throw a number “hard” (in pairs) before it is thrown “easy” (other than in pairs) or before a 7 is thrown. You can place a bet or call it "off" (remove it) at any time, prior to a roll. A hard 6 or 8 pays 9-to-1 and a hard 4 or 10 pays 7-to-1.
- PLACE BETS - By placing a specific number, you are betting that the shooter will throw your chosen number before a 7 is thrown. A 4 or 10 pays 9-to-5, 5 or 9 pays 7-to-5, and 6 or 8 pays 7-to-6. Place bets can be called "off" before a roll. Ask your dealer for minimum bet amounts that may be placed.
|PASS LINE & COME ODDS|
|Pass Line & Come Bet||1 to 1|
|Points of 4 & l0||2 to 1|
|Points of 5 & 9||3 to 2|
|Points of 6 & 8||6 to 5|
|DON'T PASS LINE & DON'T COME ODDS|
|Don't Pass & Don't Come Line Bet||1 to 1|
|Points of 4 & 10||1 to 2|
|Points of 5 & 9||2 to 3|
|Points of 6 & 8||5 to 6|
|Points of 4 & 10||9 to 5|
|Points of 5 & 9||7 to 5|
|Points of 6 & 8||7 to 6|
|3, 4, 9, 10 & 11||1 to 1|
|2 & 12||2 to 1|
|ONE ROLL BETS|
|Any 7||4 to 1|
|Any Craps (2, 3 & 12)||7 to 1|
|Two Craps||30 to 1|
|Twelve Craps||30 to 1|
|Three Craps||15 to 1|
|Eleven||15 to 1|
|Hard 6 & 8||9 to 1|
|Hard 4 & 10||7 to 1|