Chocolate Chunk Cookies from Norman Love
Makes 28 pcs
2 cups Semi-sweet chocolate chips
½ cup Milk chocolate chips
1 tsp Vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1 cup Butter, unsalted
½ cup All purpose flour
2 cups Granulated sugar
½ tsp Baking powder
¾ cup Walnuts, chopped
¾ cup Pecans, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Whip the sugar, eggs, salt and vanilla together in mixing bowl. Set aside.
3. Melt the chocolate chips and butter in saucepan over low heat. Stir constantly, being careful not to burn. When melted, remove from the heat and stir well.
4. In separate bowl, sift baking powder and flour together. Add nuts. Whisk into melted chocolate. Add egg mixture and mix until fully combined. Let mixture cool.
5. Using small ice cream scooper, scoop dough and place onto un-greased cookie sheet. If scooper is not available, use a tablespoon.
6. Bake for 20 minutes.
7. Remove and let cool completely.