1A Future Cruise Credit is like a voucher for a vacation at a later date, the promise of another adventure at sea. FCCs will automatically be applied to your Captain’s Circle account on the bookings cancelled in this time frame. Note, FCCs will not be available instantly and may take up to 60 business days to be processed.
2 Final Payment varies by voyage length. Cruises through June 30, 2021, have a 60-day final payment deadline. For cruises sailing July 1, 2021, and later, review our standard policies for cancellations, refunds & final payment for more details.
Do all countries and sailings qualify for Book with Confidence?
Book with Confidence covers all markets and applies to cruises and cruisetours departing up to October 31, 2021, excluding charters. Bookings must be made on or before April 30, 2021, to qualify for the FCC which can be used on any cruise made by and sails by December 31, 2022.
How do guests elect to invoke Book with Confidence?
All guests fully paid and inside final payment will be eligible for the Book with Confidence FCC. However, all bookings must be canceled 30 days prior to sailing to receive the FCC. Guests may cancel their booking by contacting their Travel Advisor or by contacting Princess Cruises via our Contact Center.
Do standard Final Payment timelines still apply?
Final Payment is 60 days prior to sailing date for all cruises through June 30, 2021. For sailings after July 1, 2021, view details on how final payment dates are calculated.
What happens if there’s a difference in cruise fare between the Future Cruise Credit I receive and the cruise that I would like to book next?
If the cruise fare on a new booking exceeds the Future Cruise Credit’s value, guests will have to pay the difference. Alternatively, if the new cruise fare is lower than the Future Cruise Credit’s value guests can keep the remainder in their FCC bank with the original expiration date or use it to upgrade their stateroom!
What if I booked with a non-refundable deposit?
Within final payment, all deposits become part of the published cancellation fees.
If a guest knows which ship and sail date they want to re-book, can they just re-book now?
To receive the FCC, all guests will need to cancel their existing reservation. Guests should work with their Travel Advisor or our Contact Center to make a new booking and then apply the FCC payment as soon as it’s available.
How will guests be notified when their FCC is ready?
In the U.S., Canada, UK, Australia and New Zealand Princess will endeavor to notify guests via email when the FCC has been posted to their My Princess Account. All guests, including those in countries not listed here, may also log into their My Princess Account on princess.com to see their FCC balance.
What if I booked air through Princess? Is that covered too?
For those who purchased EZ Air the following applies:
- For Flexible Air, air cancel fees will be added to the FCC.
- For Restricted Air, there may be a credit issued by the airline which will become a separate Future Air Credit for that airline that can be used when booking your Princess Cruise (the credit only applies to that airline). Any balance not included in the air credit will be added to your FCC.
For guests in the UK and Australia & New Zealand where air credits are not available, applicable air cancellation fees will be added to the FCC.
What if a guest booked Independent air? Will their air cancellation fees be covered?
Book with Confidence doesn’t cover air fees incurred on independent air tickets. Guests should contact their airline or their travel insurance provider for help with this.
What if a guest paid for Travel Protection through Princess? Is the coverage different?
Princess Vacation Protection (PVP). (North American Guests Only)
- All guests with PVP who take advantage of our Book with Confidence program will receive an FCC for their cancellation fees.
- If a guest is cancelling for a specified reason defined in the plan details, they are eligible for a cash refund instead of FCC. In this instance, guests should make a claim on the AON travel claim website.
- We recommend those making a refund claim to Aon, wait to see if their refund will be issued prior to using any Book with Confidence FCC.
- If the claim process determines eligibility for a refund, Princess will remove the FCC from the guest’s account when a refund is confirmed. If the guest already used any or all of the FCC, the refund cannot automatically be processed by Princess Cruises and guests should contact our Customer Relations team.
PVP is available to residents of the U.S. and Canada (except Quebec and Puerto Rico). Guests in other regions may have alternative coverage options and they should refer to their Travel Advisor for additional information.
At Ease Waiver Program (Asia, South America and Europe (except UK) Guests Only)
The At Ease Waiver Program offers full reimbursement of the guest’s cruise fare if they choose to change vacation plans up to 72 hours before departure. Within 72 hours of departure, guests will be eligible for our Book with Confidence program and can elect to receive 100% FCC.
Holiday Extras (UK Guests Only)
Holiday Extras is our preferred travel insurance provider in the UK and can cover you for cancellation, medical emergencies and missed cruise departure, as well as covering pre-existing medical conditions.
Select their Gold Cruise policy to include coverage for:
- Cancelling your trip if you, or anyone named on the policy, catches COVID-19 before travel.
- Cancelling or cutting your trip short due to changes in government advice caused by fire, flood, storm, earthquake, riot or civil unrest.
- Denial of boarding for your return flight due to a suspected case of COVID-19 (Platinum cover only).
View more details from the Holiday Extras website
Cover-More Travel Insurance (Australian and New Zealand Guests Only)
We strongly recommend that all Australian and New Zealand guests purchase a comprehensive international travel insurance policy. For you, we recommend Cover-More Travel Insurance, which covers general medical expenses overseas, hospitalisation and more so you can avoid unforeseen expenses. This plan makes it easier to take it easy!
View more details from the Cover-More Travel Insurance website
If you still have questions about how FCCs work, please visit our FAQ page.