Refunds and Future Cruise Credits
Updated June 22, 2020
We understand the frustration over the delays in receiving a refund or Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for your cancelled vacation. Since our last update on June 3, we continue to make progress and would like to provide the following updates on what to expect:
- Because we respect our guest’s money and time, processing refunds has remained one of our top priorities since our company paused operations. Despite significantly increasing people resources in this area, we needed to also ramp up our systems capabilities to be able to handle higher volume and significant complexity. With a global scope, our refund process is an involved one, dealing with 13 different currencies and various payment methods.
- Our teammates are making their way through the backlog more quickly now and have completed nearly 60% of refunds so far.
- Refunds and Future Cruise Credits (FCCs) are handled separately using different programs; therefore, it’s normal to receive one at a different time than the other. In many circumstances, your full Future Cruise Credit amount will be made up of two or three separate FCCs.
- Likewise, refunds may also come to you as a series of payments, rather than one lump sum. For example, your cruise fare, shore excursions and pre-cruise onboard purchases are processed separately, so you may not receive those amounts at the same time depending on the method of payment.
- Even if you requested an FCC, some transactions are automatically refunded unless you move them to a new reservation. These include flexible air fares, hotel packages, transfers, Princess Vacation Protection and taxes, fees & port expenses.
Although we can’t give a specific date as to when the refund will be received, please know that we’re working as hard as we can to get it to you as quickly as possible. We appreciate your continued patience and understanding as we do our very best during this extraordinary time.
To learn more about how we’ve changed our policies to make you feel more comfortable planning your next vacation, view our Book with Confidence Policy with cancellation and final payment adjustments that may apply for departures through October 31, 2021.