FAQ: Travel & Transportation
Before you board, there are some things you should know to make your vacation as seamless as possible.
Click on a topic headline to view detailed information relating to your selection.
We’ve put together embarkation port guides that provide details – including driving directions, parking information, luggage handling tips and more for your reference!
Guests who are driving should arrive at the pier 2-3 hours prior to sailing. Guests who arrive earlier than recommended will have to wait until embarkation begins.
For sailings from Port Everglades (FLL), Houston (HOU), Los Angeles (LAX), New York (NYC), San Francisco (SFO), Seattle (SEA), and Vancouver (YVR) guests may obtain general port information (including driving directions to the port) by viewing the PDFs below, or by contacting the port parking companies directly.
|PORT GUIDE (PDF)||PORT PARKING CONTACT INFO|
|Ft. Lauderdale (PDF) - Port Everglades |
Please check the signage at the port for your pier location.
1850 Eller Dr Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
|Los Angeles (PDF) - San Pedro World Cruise Terminal |
100 Swinford Ave San Pedro, CA, 90731
|New York (PDF) - Brooklyn Cruise Terminal |
72 Bowne St Brooklyn, NY 11231
|San Francisco - Pier 27 |
The Embarcadero San Francisco, CA 94111
|Reservations can be made at the impark parking website.|
|Seattle (PDF) - Pier 91 |
2001 W. Garfield St Seattle, WA 98119
|Vancouver (PDF) - Canada Place |
999 Canada Place Vancouver, BC V6C 3C1
|604-684-2251 or 604-681-8306 or 800-665-0050|
|View additional departure & return ports.|
Parking Prices are approximate and subject to change:
- FLL - There are about 2,500 parking spaces available in a six-level parking garage adjacent to Pier 2 for cruise guests in the Northport Parking Garage. Prices are $15 per day per vehicle. Please note that oversized vehicles are $19 per day and any vehicles over 20' in length cannot be accommodated. There is NO RV parking. Cash and credit cards (American Express, Visa, Mastercard, & Discover) are accepted.
- LAX - There are over 2,500 parking spots in a secure lot which is run by Parking Concepts Inc. Overnight parking is available at a maximum of $16 per day per parking space (if you are in a large vehicle or occupy multiple spaces, you will be charged for all occupied spaces). Cash, travelers checks, and credit cards are all accepted. Parking is on a first come, first served basis and no reservations are required. Lot hours are between 9:00 am - 6:00 pm pst. Guests can visit the LA Cruise Center website or call 310-547-4357 for more information.
- NYC - Parking is available at the Brooklyn Cruise terminal for $23 for the first night and $20 for each day after that (for multiple days) in a secure lot which includes handicapped spaces as well. Guests can visit the NYCruise website or call 718-246-2794 x303 for additional information.
- SFO - Impark located at 80 Francisco St. San Francisco CA 94133, within walking distance to the cruise terminal. Parking is available for cruise guests for $20 per calendar day. Parking lot is run by Impark. Impark accepts Visa, MasterCard and American Express at the 80 Francisco Street garage. For reservation information go to the Impark website, or guests can call (415) 398-4162.
- SEA - Parking is available at Pier 91 (provided by Republic Parking Northwest) for $25 per day or $140 per week for regular sized vehicles. For RVs up to 18', the cost is $196 per week and for RVs 18' and larger (including 5th wheels) is $245 per week. If guest has an RV towing a car on a trailer, they must pay both the RV and the regular sized car pricing. There are 1000+ parking spaces (including handicapped parking) and oversized vehicles and RVs are welcome. Parking is on a first come, first served basis and Republic Parking Northwest does not take reservations, however, guests can go to the Republic Parking Northwest website and pre-pay (online only) for a quicker exit post cruise.
- YVR - On-site parking for Canada Place pier is run by Citipark (Canada Place) in a two-story parking garage. Awaiting confirmation for pricing per day. Guests may contact Citipark toll free at 866-856-8080 or at 604-684-2251 with any additional questions.
We are pleased to offer Princess EZair® program, featuring new lower prices and worry free booking because you change your flight until 45 days prior to departure with no change fee.† Princess EZair offers real-time, competitively-priced flights that complement your cruise itinerary. It also offers Late Arrival Protection – something not offered by other major air booking websites.
- Surprisingly Low Prices – We've negotiated new, lower competitive air fares. Many times, you'll find our Flexible fares are even lower than our Restricted fares!
- Late Arrival Protection – Ensures you'll get to your cruise if flights are delayed or cancelled, and we'll get you home if for any reason the cruise or Princess transfer cause you to miss your return flight.
- Worry-Free Booking – With our Flexible air fares, you can change your flight up to 45 days prior to departure with no Penalty. Book your flight now with no amount due until cruise final payment.†
- No Customization Fee - You can choose your desired airline, flight, class of service and requested ancillary services with no extra customization fee.
- 24/7 Support - Via our En Route Desk, Princess offers 24/7 support to ensure your air travel is as worry-free as your cruise.
- Easy to request a flight quote – Visit princess.com (Simple 1, 2, 3: 1. Find a Cruise, 2. "View Details", 3. Select "Get a Flight Quote"), call 1-800-PRINCESS or ask your Travel Consultant about Princess EZair.
If you have not booked a cruise yet, search for cruises and airfare.
†No charge penalty until 45 days prior to departure for Flexible fares only. Restricted fares are non-refundable and must be paid in full at the time of booking.
Seat assignments are not guaranteed and are subject to change without notice due to schedule changes, equipment changes or other unforeseen circumstances. Princess has no control over seat assignments, and any changes are at the discretion of the airline. We recommend that guests contact the airline(s) directly, once you receive your air notification, to request specific seats.
Princess Cruises has established the following air flight guidelines for guests who choose to purchase air from a source other than Princess. Please select the port(s) of embarkation and/or disembarkation from the list below to view the air flight guidelines.
The times listed below are subject to change.
- Beijing (for Tianjin)
- Buenos Aires
- Cape Town
- Ft. Lauderdale
- Hong Kong
- Keelung (Taipei)
- Kobe, Japan
- Le Havre (CDG Airport)
- London (Dover)
- London (Southampton)
- Los Angeles
- Nagoya, Japan
- New York City
- Osaka, Japan
- Perth (Fremantle)
- Quebec City
- Rio de Janeiro
- Rome (Civitavecchia)
- San Francisco
- San Juan
- Santiago (Valparaiso/San Antonio)
- St. Petersburg, Russia
- Warnemunde, Germany
- Yokohama, Japan
If you purchase a Princess airport-to-ship transfer, you’ll be met by a uniformed Princess representative at the embarkation port airport.
For domestic U.S. flights, you’ll be met near the luggage claim area. For international flights, you’ll be met as you exit the secure customs area. Make sure you claim all your luggage prior to exiting the luggage claim area.
From the airport, you’ll be transferred to your ship or hotel. But if you haven’t purchased your air travel arrangements from Princess, you must provide us with flight details prior to purchasing your transfer.
And if you require special assistance, be aware that lift-equipped transportation may not be available in your port of embarkation or disembarkation. Arrangements must be secured in advance to accommodate your needs.
For transfer arrangement details, please contact your travel agent, call 1-800-PRINCESS or visit Cruise Personalizer®.
Guests Booked on MedallionClass Vacations
For a faster embarkation experience, get OceanReady®! Search for “OceanReady” in the App Store or GooglePlay which allows you to upload travel document information and get from curbside to poolside even faster! If you’re picking up your Medallion at the pier you will need to bring your Medallion Access pass in order to enter the cruise terminal. Then look for an Ocean Navigator who can direct you to the OceanReady check-in area. If you’ve had your Medallion sent to your home, be sure to bring your OceanMedallion™ to the pier and make sure to keep your travel documents with you. If you do not become OceanReady, please be sure to bring your Boarding Pass to the terminal. Contact our Ocean Navigators at (844) 525-0942 if you have any additional questions.
For the latest information regarding what to bring, what to leave at home, and what to generally expect while traveling, please visit the Transportation Security Administration website.
For current travel warnings issued by the State Department for countries Americans should avoid, please visit the U.S. Department of State website.
For general travel information issued by the State Department, please visit the U.S. Department of State website.
If you encounter unforeseen flight or weather-related delays, please contact the En Route Desk:
- If within the U.S. or Canada, please call 800-545-0008.
- If outside of the U.S. or Canada, please call 661-284-4410.
- Within Australia, please call 13 24 88.
If you encounter unforeseen flight or weather-related delays and you have purchased Princess Vacation Protection and/or Princess eZAir®,
- If within the U.S. or Canada, please call 866-509-7712.
- If outside of the U.S. or Canada, please call 603-394-9388.
FAQ: Cruise Answer Place
- Alaska Cruisetours
- Asia Cruisetours
- Australia Cruisetours
- Canada & New England Cruisetours
- Europe Cruisetours
- South America Cruisetours
Ready to Come Back New?
Search our range of itineraries to find one that's right for you.
Find a Cruise