FAQ: Before You Leave
With Cruise Personalizer, pre-reserve popular shore excursions, Lotus Spa appointments, arrange for flowers to be delivered, and much more!
Click on a topic headline to view detailed information relating to your selection.
The Boarding Pass provides information required at embarkation. There are two types of Boarding Passes: Regular and Preferred.
Regular Boarding Pass
- The booking has been paid in full
- The required immigration information has been added to the booking
- A credit card has been registered for onboard use
Preferred Boarding Pass
- The guest is either a Platinum or Elite member of the Princess Captain's Circle or booked in a full suite
- The booking has been paid in full
- The required immigration information has been added to the booking
- A credit card has been registered for onboard use
Printing your boarding pass and luggage tags is fast and easy! Beginning 75 days prior to sailing, you can print your boarding pass and luggage tags once the booking is paid in full and we’ve been provided with all your guest immigration information and credit card registration.
Simply log-in to Cruise Personalizer® to access and print this information!
Guests Booked on MedallionClass Vacations
For a faster embarkation experience, get OceanReady®! Search for "MedallionClass" in the App Store or Google Play which allows you to upload travel document information and get from curbside to poolside even faster! If you’re picking up your Medallion at the pier you will need to bring your Medallion Access pass in order to enter the cruise terminal. Then look for an Ocean Navigator who can direct you to the OceanReady check-in area. If you’ve had your Medallion sent to your home, be sure to bring your OceanMedallion™ to the pier and make sure to keep your travel documents with you. If you do not become OceanReady, please be sure to bring your Boarding Pass to the terminal. Contact our Ocean Navigators at (844) 525-0942 if you have any additional questions.
Your Travel Summary, an electronic version of the cruise ticket, is available online via the Cruise Personalizer®. The Travel Summary provides the following booking details and options:
- Cruise Summary
- Packages & Transfers (if purchased)
- Important Notices
- Pre-Reserved Shore Excursions
- Lotus Spa Appointments
- Special Services (if purchased by the guest)
Guests under the age of 21 years must travel in a stateroom with a guest 21 years or older who shall assume responsibility for their care during the cruise. For family groups booking multiple staterooms, the minimum age for each stateroom is 16 years of age, provided they are traveling with a parent or legal guardian. We are unable to accept group reservations for student or youth groups that do not conform to our minimum age requirements. Each guest agrees and warrants that he/she will supervise any guest in his/her care at all times to ensure all policies, along with all other rules of the Carrier and ship, are strictly adhered to by all guests under their supervision.
Passport requirement when minors travel with one adult on voyages governed by the U.S. Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (includes travel within Bermuda, Canada, Caribbean, Mexico & United States)
When minors (any guest under the age of 18) are traveling with only one adult 21 years of age or older, Princess requires that all guests possess a valid passport. Carrier has implemented this requirement so that Your party remains together should an emergency arise that requires one or more in your party to disembark in a non-U.S. port. Carrier cannot guarantee that all members of Your party are allowed to disembark with just a WHTI-compliant document or birth certificate. Failure to present a valid passport for all guests traveling together results in denial of boarding without refund of the of the cruise or cruisetour fare.
Minimum Age Requirements:
Infants must be at least 6 months of age at the time of embarkation in order to sail.
Children must be at least 12 months of age at the time of embarkation to sail on trans-ocean crossings and remote itineraries, where there are more than 2 consecutive sea days.
Cruisetours: The minimum age for escorted cruisetours is 5 years.
US and Canadian regulations require that children up to the age of 8 years old may be required to travel in a car seat, booster seat or other child restraint system. When being transported by car, taxi, limo, van or shuttle, it is your responsibility to know the regulations and provide the applicable child restraint system.
Infants/Young Children and Swimming Pools
Parents/guardians are reminded to bring their children dressed in appropriate attire with towel and sunscreen. Youth staff will not conduct children's activities in the adult or splash pools. Parents must supervise their children at all times when using the pools. Infants and young children in diapers and/or swim diapers, and children who are not toilet trained are NOT permitted in any of the pools or spas due to public health concerns.
Our policy is strictly observed onboard and is intended for the public health safety of all guests.
Documents for guests under the age of 18
Several countries require special documentation for children traveling with only one parent or with neither parent; these requirements are subject to change without notice. Many foreign countries require any single parent or guardian to bring a permission slip for the minor to travel abroad. It is your responsibility to ensure that you possess the proper documents for all of the countries that you will visit. Please verify requirements with the consulates of the countries visited prior to your cruise.
For guests under 21 years of age or those who are traveling with children, please note:
- Entry into the disco after 10 p.m. is limited to guests 18 years and over. Be sure to check with the Youth and Teen Centers for special dance parties designed for kids and teens.
- Children who are toilet-trained and accompanied by a parent or guardian are permitted in the sauna and hot tub(s) unless otherwise specified.
- Guests under the age of 13 are allowed in the evening entertainment show lounges if they are with their parent or guardian.
- In line with domestic U.S. age limits, as well as our company policy, the casino, cash prize bingo and horse racing are reserved for guests 18 years and older. Picture identification may be requested.
- Guests under the age of 18 are prohibited from purchasing cigarettes or tobacco products while on board.
Princess offers entertaining options for all ages, with our Camp Discovery programs created in partnership with Discovery Communications, especially with junior cruisers ages 3-12 in mind. The Treehouse (for ages 3-7) and The Lodge (for ages 8-12) give kids the chance to enjoy everything from arts and crafts, game tables, movies, and more.
Children are welcome on all Princess ships, but facilities vary. Pacific Princess® does not have dedicated Youth and Teen Centers. However, when 20 or more children ages 3 to 17 are traveling on this ship, they will enjoy a varied schedule of supervised activities organized by our Youth Team.
Don’t miss the orientation and registration meeting on the first night of your cruise. You and your children can meet the Youth and Teen staff and learn more about our exciting shipboard programs. Parents are always welcome to join their children in the Youth and Teen Centers.
Children under 3 are not permitted in the Youth Center unless accompanied by a parent at all times. Youth counselors cannot administer medication, bottle-feed, change diapers, or provide meal service. Private in-cabin babysitting is not available on any Princess ship. All children participating in the Youth Program must be potty-trained. Children who are not potty-trained are not permitted in hot tub or pool facilities.
CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
Princess welcomes all children and teens ages 3-17 to participate in our programs. Let our counselors know of all medical and/or special needs for your children. We will make every effort to accommodate them. Please be advised that Princess Youth counselors do not offer individual one-on-one supervision.
JUST FOR TEENS
And for cruisers age 13-17, we have The Beach House, a contemporary surf-themed lounge just for teens. The Beach House offers teens a range of activities including teen only dance parties, sports tournaments and talent shows. Or, have fun meeting other teens with the Dating Game. Those seeking a creative retreat will enjoy hip-hop dance classes, T-shirt painting, casino nights, mocktails, pizza parties or special teen-only dinners.
During voyages with a high number of families onboard, we will make all efforts to accommodate interested parties. However, participation in our program cannot be guaranteed. Hours of operation may change to better serve our guests.
Get the most out of your experience at port by booking a shore excursion. Princess® offers a variety of excursions perfect for families, sightseeing, adventure, and exploring wildlife and nature. You can book your shore excursion with Cruise Personalizer® from approximately 180 days before travel, and up to 5 days before you depart. Learn more about our ports and excursions.
Guests with disabilities should email the Access Office for assistance with accessible shore excursions. The Access Office works in partnership with our Shore Excursion department who will assist and advise you directly of your options. Please be advised that accessible shore excursions may not be available in some international ports.
For your convenience, we're pleased to offer you the ability to pre-pay the gratuity that is included in your folio onboard at the end of your cruise. You can also utilize this service as a gift for someone else who may be cruising.
To simplify the tipping process for our guests, a discretionary gratuity of $16.50 per guest for suites, $15.50 per guest for mini-suites and $14.50 per guest (including children) in all other staterooms, per day, is automatically added to your shipboard account on a daily basis. This gratuity will be shared among those staff who help provide and support your cruise experience, including all waitstaff, stateroom stewards, buffet stewards, and housekeeping staff across the fleet.
To take advantage of this service, login to Cruise Personalizer to pre-pay online, or simply call 1-855-500-7690 and reference Special Service Item #0591. Pre-payment is available up to 2 days prior to departure.
Pre-paying beverage packages and cellars offer a great way to save time at embarkation. From a bottle of wine to beer specials to our Premier Beverage Package* option that features cocktails, fountain sodas and bottled water, there's a beverage package to quench every thirst.
To take advantage of pre-payment, login to Cruise Personalizer to pre-pay online, or simply call 1-855-500-7690. Pre-payment is available up to 3 days prior to departure.
*Please note: Beverage Packages are calculated based on the total number of days of your cruise. Premier Beverage Package does not include bottles of wine; however, when purchased in the bars or dining rooms, will be available at a 25% discount from the menu price.
Package is NOT available for purchase within 3 days of sailing and is NOT available for voyages 2 nights or fewer. Package must be purchased for full length of voyage, cannot be shared, is non-transferable, and is non-refundable within 3 days of sailing. Alcoholic drinks are limited to 15 beverages per 24 hour period (non-alcoholic beverages do not have this limitation).
Guests that pre-purchased the All-Inclusive Beverage Package prior to September 19, 2017 or that took advantage of the 2017 Sip + Sail promotion will have terms and conditions of the Premier Beverage Package apply.
Like the Lotus flower, the Lotus Spa offers a tranquil environment where you can renew your mind and body with exotic spa therapies from around the world. As you embark on this sensory journey, you’ll instantly achieve a blissful state of nirvana — leaving you completely revitalized as you welcome another day.
To help you achieve this revitalization, the Lotus Spa offers a full range of personalized spa treatments, including hair and beauty services, massage, sensuous wraps, aroma therapies and even teeth whitening.
Spa advance reservations are accepted between 120 to 7 days prior to departure. Guests must be 18 years or older to indulge in any body treatments and at least 16 years of age to utilize the fitness facilities. Other Spa services are available to guests 13 years and older when accompanied by an adult.
We make it easy for you to get to know your ship. With industry-leading interactive deck plans and virtual tours, you’ll be able to see your ship before you board.
We’ve put together embarkation port guides that provide details – including driving directions, parking information, luggage handling tips and more for your reference!
Guests who are driving should arrive at the pier 2-3 hours prior to sailing. Guests who arrive earlier than recommended will have to wait until embarkation begins.
For sailings from Port Everglades (FLL), Houston (HOU), Los Angeles (LAX), New York (NYC), San Francisco (SFO), Seattle (SEA), and Vancouver (YVR) guests may obtain general port information (including driving directions to the port) by viewing the PDFs below, or by contacting the port parking companies directly.
|PORT GUIDE (PDF)||PORT PARKING CONTACT INFO|
|Ft. Lauderdale (PDF) - Port Everglades |
Please check the signage at the port for your pier location.
1850 Eller Dr Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
|Los Angeles (PDF) - San Pedro World Cruise Terminal |
100 Swinford Ave San Pedro, CA, 90731
|New York (PDF) - Brooklyn Cruise Terminal |
72 Bowne St Brooklyn, NY 11231
|San Francisco - Pier 27 |
The Embarcadero San Francisco, CA 94111
|Reservations can be made at the impark parking website.|
|Seattle (PDF) - Pier 91 |
2001 W. Garfield St Seattle, WA 98119
|Vancouver (PDF) - Canada Place |
999 Canada Place Vancouver, BC V6C 3C1
|604-684-2251 or 604-681-8306 or 800-665-0050|
|View additional departure & return ports.|
Parking Prices are approximate and subject to change:
- FLL - There are about 2,500 parking spaces available in a six-level parking garage adjacent to Pier 2 for cruise guests in the Northport Parking Garage. Prices are $15 per day per vehicle. Please note that oversized vehicles are $19 per day and any vehicles over 20' in length cannot be accommodated. There is NO RV parking. Cash and credit cards (American Express, Visa, Mastercard, & Discover) are accepted.
- LAX - There are over 2,500 parking spots in a secure lot which is run by Parking Concepts Inc. Overnight parking is available at a maximum of $16 per day per parking space (if you are in a large vehicle or occupy multiple spaces, you will be charged for all occupied spaces). Cash, travelers checks, and credit cards are all accepted. Parking is on a first come, first served basis and no reservations are required. Lot hours are between 9:00 am - 6:00 pm pst. Guests can visit the LA Cruise Center website or call 310-547-4357 for more information.
- NYC - Parking is available at the Brooklyn Cruise terminal for $23 for the first night and $20 for each day after that (for multiple days) in a secure lot which includes handicapped spaces as well. Guests can visit the NYCruise website or call 718-246-2794 x303 for additional information.
- SFO - Impark located at 80 Francisco St. San Francisco CA 94133, within walking distance to the cruise terminal. Parking is available for cruise guests for $20 per calendar day. Parking lot is run by Impark. Impark accepts Visa, MasterCard and American Express at the 80 Francisco Street garage. For reservation information go to the Impark website, or guests can call (415) 398-4162.
- SEA - Parking is available at Pier 91 (provided by Republic Parking Northwest) for $25 per day or $140 per week for regular sized vehicles. For RVs up to 18', the cost is $196 per week and for RVs 18' and larger (including 5th wheels) is $245 per week. If guest has an RV towing a car on a trailer, they must pay both the RV and the regular sized car pricing. There are 1000+ parking spaces (including handicapped parking) and oversized vehicles and RVs are welcome. Parking is on a first come, first served basis and Republic Parking Northwest does not take reservations, however, guests can go to the Republic Parking Northwest website and pre-pay (online only) for a quicker exit post cruise.
- YVR - On-site parking for Canada Place pier is run by Citipark (Canada Place) in a two-story parking garage. Awaiting confirmation for pricing per day. Guests may contact Citipark toll free at 866-856-8080 or at 604-684-2251 with any additional questions.
FAQ: Cruise Answer Place
- Prepare for Your Cruise
- Before You Leave
- What to Pack for a Cruise
- Travel & Transportation
- Shore Excursions
- Alaska Cruisetours
- Asia Cruisetours
- Australia Cruisetours
- Canada & New England Cruisetours
- Europe Cruisetours
- South America Cruisetours
Ready to Come Back New?
Search our range of itineraries to find one that's right for you.
Find a Cruise