Reimagined Youth & Teen Clubs
In partnership with Discovery Communications™, Princess has developed engaging new youth programming and wonder-filled center designs for cruisers ages 3 to 17.
- Places for young explorers to learn about the world and discover new interests.
- Invitations to meet new friends and enjoy memorable experiences while sailing.
- New programs will roll out together fleetwide, while new center designs launch individually through 2019.
Fleetwide rollout schedule
Safety & Registration
Just for Kids — Ages 3-12
Camp Discovery (formerly The Fun Zone)
Each new center has a different theme where kids make new friends and participate in cruise activities specially designed to help them play, huddle, create and discover.
The Treehouse — Ages 3-7 (formerly Pelicans)
This bright, whimsical, forest-themed center for children features hands-on activities and programs surrounded by captivating creatures.
The Lodge — Ages 8-12 (formerly Shockwaves)
Inspired by the great outdoors, this cozy center is filled with sports activities and comfortable places for kids to explore, hang out and lounge.
Our diverse kids cruise activities and programs offer every child what they need to spark curiosity, fuel creativity and inspire an active life. Here are just some of the highlights.
Sports, games, physical activities
- NEW! Shark Hunters: Investigate mysterious Caribbean sharks on an interactive scavenger hunt.
- NEW! Alaskan Explorers: Hunt for clues to the connections between Alaska’s animals and people.
- Try your skills on PlayStation®, Nintendo Wii™, and XBOX Kinect consoles, board games, air hockey and ping-pong.
- Join dance classes and engage in friendly competitions.
- Enjoy sports including basketball, mini golf, yoga and miniature Olympics.
Places, animals, science
- NEW! Mythbusters Activities: Try three hands-on challenges, featuring Tori Belleci from the show.
- NEW! Survive Alaska: Invent tools to survive the harsh environment of The Great Land.
- Animal Planet™ uncovers ferocious secrets in Shark Attack, and learn squid anatomy in Just Squiddin’ Around.
- Learn the science of magic or become an engineer for a day with programs from the California Science Center, home of the Endeavour space shuttle.
- Inspire a love of nature from the regions we sail with Animal Planet Endangered Species and Glacier Bay Jr. Ranger programs.
Fun interactions with peers
- NEW! Extreme Sea Carnival: Caribbean music, dance, trivia and crafts light up the night for the whole family.
- NEW! Wild Alaska Festival: Celebrate Alaskan nature at this family theme night.
- Discovery at Sea™ theme days with activities inspired by Shark Week and Animal Planet.
- Talent Shows showcase singing, dancing, musical skill, and jokes.
- Theme Nights include Pirate, Mexican Fiesta and competitive Challenge themes.
Arts, crafts, inventions
- NEW! The Greatest Catch: Design your own invention to help you explore the ocean.
- Compete: Join the Klutz® paper airplane challenge or Lego boat-building contest.
- JrChef@Sea: Learn cake decorating and enjoy the results with your family.
- Make Animal Planet puppets, masks and paintings inspired by regional wildlife.
- Klutz® Art Projects: Craft bracelets, velvet art, jewelry and more.
Just for Teens — Ages 13-17
The Beach House — ages 13-17 (formerly Remix)
This contemporary beach-themed lounge is "the" place for teens to hang out, socialize and connect.
You won't want to miss our Rock the Boat Party. It’s the occasion to dress up, stroll down the red carpet and flash your VIP badge, then enjoy an evening of mocktails, awards and celebrating with your friends.
Give your skills a workout in our video game tournaments. Play to win in air hockey, foosball and ping-pong. Or compete in outdoor sporting activities like dodgeball and basketball tournaments.
Perfect your moves with guidance from one of our crew dancers, then show what you’ve got at dance competitions and parties.
Movies & More
Get your scream on at Scary Movie Night, or catch some recent hits at Late Night Movies. Or cast yourself in a whole new light with teen makeovers and glitter tattoos.
Watch the Movies Under the Stars® video
Just for young adults — ages 18-20
Imagine a secret society. Only those invited can join. Guests ages 18-20 will learn the secret handshake and be granted a special code word to unlock an exclusive list of Club1820 events made just for them. No parents, no little siblings, no official hosts.
For the whole family
Princess makes sure there are a variety of cruise activities so you have plenty of ways to spend quality time together
- Family Movie Nights
- Production shows – Magic to Do, Voice of the Ocean
- Stargazing with Discovery at Sea™
- Family Fun Fair: enjoy a lively themed carnival in the Piazza featuring mascots, face painting, balloon animals, magicians and entertainers
- Family Dance Parties
Some healthy competition
- Family Game Night
- Family Game Shows
- Family Trivia & Challenges
- Family fitness - sports court activities
Gather around the table
Eat dinner every night as a family and try new regional foods together. Princess does the cooking and cleaning so you can spend more time focusing on what matters most.
Discovery Family™ shore excursions
Princess is proud to offer shore excursions that are not only fascinating experiences for the whole family, but recommended by two of the most trusted names in exploration – Discovery™ and Animal Planet™.
Browse Shore Excursions
Princess makes it easy to sail together in comfort. In addition to comfortable Mini-Suites and spacious Suites, larger groups can opt for a Family Suite which includes two interconnecting staterooms and sleeps up to eight on select ships.
Parents night out
Late-night group kidsitting
For your convenience, group kidsitting is offered in the Youth Centers. Kids can relax and watch movies or play games with their friends while mom and dad have a relaxing night out.
- For children ages 3 to 12 years.
- From 10:00 pm to 1:00 am.
- Charge of $5.00 per hour per child.
Princess offers a variety of opportunities for kids to eat with their new friends and Youth Staff, while parents enjoy dinner on their own.
- Kids-only dinners are offered on select evenings during your voyage.
- A teens-only dinner on a formal night takes place in a section of the dining room reserved just for them.
- We also offer fun ice cream and pizza parties throughout the voyage.
- Please be sure to alert Youth Staff if your child has any food allergies.
Please note: Please note: During voyages with a high number of families onboard, we will make all efforts to accommodate interested parties. However, participation in our program cannot be guaranteed. Hours of operation may change to better serve our guests.
Hours of Operation: Sea days 9:00am to 12:00 pm | 1:00pm - 5:00pm | 6:00pm - 10:00pm. Port Days 8:00am - 5:00pm | 6:00pm - 10:00pm. Depending on the itinerary, port hours may be expanded. Check the schedule once onboard. The Program is complimentary during port days and advanced bookings are not required.
Children are welcome on all Princess cruise ships, but facilities vary. Pacific Princess does not have dedicated Youth Centers or Teen Lounges. Programs are available on this vessel only when 20 or more children ages 3 to 17 are sailing.
The Youth & Teen Center design revitalizations are now available on board Grand Princess, and will debut on board Caribbean Princess (Mar 2017), Majestic Princess (Mar 2017), Regal Princess (Apr 2017), Sea Princess (Oct 2017), Island Princess (Nov 2017), Star Princess (Dec 2017), Crown Princess (Mar 2018), Golden Princess (Mar 2018), Sapphire Princess (Mar 2018), Sun Princess (May 2018) and Ruby Princess (Sept 2018), Royal Princess (Dec 2018), Coral Princess (Jan 2019), and Emerald Princess (Apr 2019). Please note this schedule is subject to change.
Take a peek at our latest offerings
Award-winning & Designed for Fresh
Relaxing days & enriching experiences