Princess Cruises News Center
Press Release – 05/28/2013
Princess Cruises Exotics Sailings Cover Six Continents
Worldwide Cruise Vacations for 2014-15 Open for Sale Today
SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (May 28, 2013) – Just open for sale today, Princess Cruises’ 2014-15 Exotics program offers a world of options for globetrotting travelers. The line’s global itineraries will take passengers to the colorful ports of Asia & Africa, Australia & New Zealand, Tahiti & the South Pacific, and South America – plus even a special connoisseur itinerary in the Caribbean.
The lineup also includes Princess’ first-ever World Cruise sailing roundtrip from North America and additional capacity in Tahiti & the South Pacific. In Australia, Princess will continue to offer the biggest choice of ships, homeports and itineraries with four ships deployed in the region. The West Africa itinerary, returning to the lineup due to popular demand, will add a new port to Princess’ roster of more than 300 around the world, with a maiden call to the island nation of São Tomé.
In total, the fall 2014 to spring 2015 program spans six continents and calls to more than 145 worldwide destinations. Eight ships will cover the globe with 114 departures of 37 itinerary options.
“Worldwide cruising has long been a Princess specialty,” said Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises executive vice president. “Our expertise in these exciting destinations offers passengers the perfect way to check that ‘must-see’ place off their bucket list.”
Princess’ 2014-15 Exotics program includes:
Asia & Africa
- Sapphire Princess in Asia – Sailing between Beijing and Bangkok or Singapore, the 17-day Grand Asia itinerary is the line’s most popular Asia cruise. Sapphire Princess will offer three departures in fall 2014 – each including an overnight stay in spectacular Hong Kong as well as calls to Shanghai, Ho Chi Minh City, Busan, and Nagasaki. Cruise departures run from October 7 to November 10, 2014.
- Ocean Princess to Asia and Africa – Small ship Ocean Princess sails through the Indian Ocean along the coast of West Africa in spring 2015. The ship’s 32-day Singapore to Cape Town voyage is followed by a 30-day Cape Town to London (Dover) voyage featuring visits to a number of intriguing destinations in West Africa. True world travelers can combine these voyages for a 62-day cruise to a variety of exotic calls such as Ghana, Togo, Namibia, Senegal, and Princess’ maiden call to the island nation of São Tomé. Sailings depart April 3 and May 5, 2015.
- Land & Sea Vacations – In Asia, passengers can add to their cruise with a land tour to the top attractions in China – including UNESCO sites like Beijing’s Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, The Great Wall, Xian and the Terra Cotta Warriors – as well as three nights on a Yangtze River cruise.
Australia & New Zealand
- Diamond Princess in Australia & New Zealand – The ship once again sails on this favorite itinerary between Sydney and Auckland. The 12- or 13-day voyages include calls in both countries, and spectacular cruising through the dramatic Fiordland National Park. Departures run from December 16, 2014 through February 15, 2015.
- Diamond Princess Round Australia – For the first time, Diamond Princess offer a full 28-day circumnavigation of the Australian continent. Featuring Princess’ largest ship ever on this route, the Sydney to Sydney voyage offers two departures – November 18, 2014 and February 27, 2015.
- Australia Homeport Cruising – Sun Princess, Sea Princess and Dawn Princess will offer sailings from three homeports – Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne – on a series of New Zealand, Fiji, South Pacific and Tasmania cruises geared especially for local tastes.
- Australia & Asia – Diamond Princess and Ocean Princess offer Australia & Asia departures between Sydney and Singapore featuring the Northern Territory, Queensland as well as ports in Vietnam and Indonesia.
- Land & Sea Vacations – Travelers can add more of the wonders of Australia with land tours that visit iconic UNESCO sites such as Uluru (Ayers Rock) and Kakadu National Park in the Outback, the Great Barrier Reef, and cosmopolitan Sydney.
Tahiti & South Pacific
- Small Ship Cruising in French Polynesia – Princess returns to the blue waters of Tahiti & Polynesia with two ships for increased capacity in to this beautiful destination. Intimate sister ships Pacific Princess and Ocean Princess offer the small ship cruising experience in fall and spring on a 10-day Tahiti & French Polynesia itinerary roundtrip from Tahiti (Papeete). Each departure includes two full days in Bora Bora as well as Moorea, Rangiroa, Raiatea, Huahine – all selected in Condé Nast Traveler’s 10 best islands in the South Pacific. Sailings depart between October 9, 2014 and February 16, 2015.
- Pacific Princess to Marquesas & Polynesia – Pacific Princess will also feature three departures of a 10-day Marquesas & Polynesia itinerary featuring the remote island of Nuku Hiva – famed as the island where Herman Melville penned his first book, Typee, about life on a Polynesian island. Departures are offered on October 29, November 28 and December 28, 2014.
South America & the Caribbean
- Golden Princess in South America – Two itineraries aboard Golden Princess offer passengers the best of Southern Hemisphere cruising. Sailing between Santiago (Valparaiso) and either Rio de Janeiro or Buenos Aires, the Cape Horn & Strait of Magellan or Route to Rio itineraries each include the dramatic cruising of the southernmost tip of South America and the Chilean Fjords. Sailings depart between December 20, 2014 and February 28, 2015.
- Golden Princess Andes & South America – At the beginning and end of the season, Golden Princess will also sail between two continents and cross the Equator on two departures of a Andes & South America itinerary between Los Angeles and Santiago, featuring calls in Peru, Ecuador, Costa Rica and an optional overland tour to magnificent Machu Picchu. Departures are offered on December 3, 2014 and March 14, 2015.
- Ocean Princess Caribbean Connoisseur – A special 14-day Caribbean Connoisseur voyage aboard Ocean Princess over the holidays adds a new sailing choice from Ft. Lauderdale. A unique opportunity to enjoy small ship-cruising in the Caribbean, this voyage includes calls at small gems such as St. Barts, Martinique and Virgin Gorda. Ocean Princess departs on December 19, 2014.
- Land & Sea Vacations – Land tour options offer the opportunity to explore dramatic UNESCO sites like Iguazu Falls on the Brazilian-Argentine border or mysterious Machu Picchu in the Andes in addition to a South America cruise.
- World Cruise on Pacific Princess – For the first time, Princess’ World Cruise will depart and return from North America. The 111-day voyage aboard Pacific Princess sails roundtrip from Los Angeles, with an option for a 94-day itinerary from Los Angeles to Ft. Lauderdale. Spanning six continents and featuring more than 34 destinations to 25 countries, this unique World Cruise includes four overnight calls in Sydney, Hong Kong, Dubai and Barcelona. Overland excursions and day excursions will be available to see some of the most iconic destinations such as Sydney Harbour, Cambodia’s Angkor Wat, the Taj Mahal and Mexico’s Copper Canyon. Pacific Princess sets sail on January 23, 2015.
Additional information about Princess Cruises is available through a professional travel agent, by calling 1-800-PRINCESS, or by visiting the company's website at www.princess.com.
- News Center
- Fast Facts
- Press Releases
- Notices & Advisories
- Backgrounders & Fact Sheets
- Godmothers of Princess Ships
- Press Photos
- Awards & Accolades
- For Investors
- Cruise Planning: Travel Articles & Information
- Media Contacts
- 50 Essential Experiences Blog
- Inspired to Cruise Blog
- Linked by the Sea Blog