Princess Cruises News Center
Cruising Article – 2011-04-14
Explore the famous country of Brunei
Australia/New Zealand Cruise Destinations
If you're lucky enough to book an Australian and New Zealand cruise, you may have a chance to visit one of the wealthiest countries in the world, the Sultanate of Brunei.
There's so much to see in this country, one of the world's smallest, that you might be hard-pressed to pack everything into one day. Start your journey on a relaxing cruise through the city, passing by amazing sights like the magnificent Sultan's Palace. An educated tour guide will give you the history of this unique country, which was once a part of the British Empire.
Continue on to the Royal Regalia Museum, where you'll have a chance to see all of the paraphernalia associated with Brunei's royal family, which is one of the richest and most opulent ruling bodies in the world. The highlight here is undoubtedly the country's Crown Jewels, which will certainly be a memorable sight.
This covers the high-end, luxurious lifestyle that Brunei is famous for, but what about the rest of the city? Be sure to visit Kampong Ayer, a collection of villages built on stilts above the water and connected by wooden walkways. You should also pay a visit to Kianggeh Wet Market, where you'll be able to browse the various stalls and shops and maybe even haggle for some of their wares.
- News Center
- Fast Facts
- Press Releases
- Notices & Advisories
- Backgrounders & Fact Sheets
- Godmothers of Princess Ships
- Press Photos
- Awards & Accolades
- For Investors
- Cruise Planning: Travel Articles & Information
- Media Contacts
Search the News
More Cruise Travel Articles
- Cruise Tips and Information
- Alaska Cruise & Cruisetour Articles
- Asia, India, and Africa Cruise Articles
- Canada & New England Cruise Articles
- Caribbean Cruise Articles
- Europe/Mediterranean Cruise Articles
- Mexico Cruise Articles
- New Zealand & Australia Cruise Articles
- Panama Canal Cruise Articles
- South American Cruise Articles
- South Pacific, Tahiti & Hawaii Cruise Articles
- World Cruise Articles