Princess Cruises News Center
Cruising Article – 2011-04-11
Sand, sun and sea in Nassau, Bahamas
Caribbean Cruise Destinations
The Bahamas is one of the premier vacation destinations in the world, and you'll have a chance to visit these beautiful islands when your Caribbean cruise stops in the port of Nassau.
Many of the shore excursions offered here take advantage of the nearby resort of Atlantis on Paradise Island. You'll have a chance to explore this massive complex, which features a number of fun things to do for the whole family. Whether it's swimming with sea lions and dolphins or visiting a massive aquarium, there's so much to do here that it's easy to spend all day at the resort.
However, that's far from the only attraction in Nassau. Those who want to get out on the open water have a number of options when it comes to cruises and tours. Book a glass-bottomed boat in order to see some of the most spectacular sea life around in a natural setting. Or book some time on the "Seaworld Explorer," a state-of-the-art vessel that submerges five feet below the waterline to give you an unparalleled and comfortable underwater viewing experience.
Of course, the classic Bahamas experience is to simply soak up the sun on the beach. Book a trip over to Blackbeard's Cay Beach to engage in some traditional beach activities, like volleyball, sunbathing, snorkeling and more.
- News Center
- Fast Facts
- Press Releases
- Notices & Advisories
- Backgrounders & Fact Sheets
- Godmothers of Princess Ships
- Press Photos
- Awards & Accolades
- For Investors
- Cruise Planning: Travel Articles & Information
- Media Contacts
Search the News
More Cruise Travel Articles
- Cruise Tips and Information
- Alaska Cruise & Cruisetour Articles
- Asia, India, and Africa Cruise Articles
- Canada & New England Cruise Articles
- Caribbean Cruise Articles
- Europe/Mediterranean Cruise Articles
- Mexico Cruise Articles
- New Zealand & Australia Cruise Articles
- Panama Canal Cruise Articles
- South American Cruise Articles
- South Pacific, Tahiti & Hawaii Cruise Articles
- World Cruise Articles