Princess Cruises News Center
Cruising Article – 2011-04-07
Experience the nine bays of Huatulco, Mexico
Panama Canal Cruise Destinations
Huatulco, Mexico, may not be the most famous destination that you'll visit on your Panama Canal cruise, but it just might end up being the most memorable. This up-and-coming tourist destination boasts an incredible location and beautiful scenery.
The Huatulco region is located on Mexico's Pacific coast and features nine separate bays and 36 beaches. Needless to say, those who are looking for some fun in the sun will have plenty of options to choose from. These opulent blue waters are just perfect for snorkeling and swimming, and you'll be able to book a variety of shore excursions that will take you to the numerous bays.
Huatulco also offers numerous opportunities for adventure and sport. Head inland to the Copalita River in order to enjoy a relaxing raft ride, taking in the beautiful scenery of the tropical rainforest surrounding the water's banks. Or instead venture out on the open water for a deep sea fishing expedition, where you'll have the chance to catch marlin, swordfish, mahi mahi and more.
There's even plenty to do on land. Those looking for more of a cultural excursion can head to the artisinal town of La Crucecita, where they can learn how to make traditional Mexican dishes at the Piedra de Moros community kitchen.
- News Center
- Fast Facts
- Press Releases
- Notices & Advisories
- Backgrounders & Fact Sheets
- Godmothers of Princess Ships
- Press Photos
- Awards & Accolades
- For Investors
- Cruise Planning: Travel Articles & Information
- Media Contacts
Search the News
More Cruise Travel Articles
- Cruise Tips and Information
- Alaska Cruise & Cruisetour Articles
- Asia, India, and Africa Cruise Articles
- Canada & New England Cruise Articles
- Caribbean Cruise Articles
- Europe/Mediterranean Cruise Articles
- Mexico Cruise Articles
- New Zealand & Australia Cruise Articles
- Panama Canal Cruise Articles
- South American Cruise Articles
- South Pacific, Tahiti & Hawaii Cruise Articles
- World Cruise Articles