Princess Cruises News Center
Cruising Article – 2011-04-05
Rainforest fun in Limon, Costa Rica
Panama Canal Cruise Destinations
If you're looking forward to exploring the rainforest on your Panama Canal cruise, then look no further than Limon, Costa Rica, where you'll have numerous opportunities to head deep into the jungle and see some beautiful flora and fauna.
Most of the Panama Canal shore excursions will take you deep into the rainforest for fun and adventure, but there are a variety of ways in which you can explore the region. Head to Veragua Rainforest on a walking tour for a chance to view various exhibitions detailing some of the jungle's most famous creatures. You'll also get the chance to see the 65-foot tall Puma Waterfall, take a tram ride through the canopy and and even learn about the scientific side of things at a biological research station.
Alternatively, you can book a cruise down the famous Tortuguero Canals. These waterways are known as Costa Rica's Amazon because they are surrounded by the rainforest on both sides. If animals are more your thing but you don't feel like traipsing through the jungle, consider a trip to the sloth sanctuary. These cute and cuddly creatures might move slow, but they're a delight for any visitor.
If adventure is what you seek, then don't pass up the opportunity to see the rainforest's canopy up close and personal - by ziplining straight through it. Zipline excursions have become popular all around the world, but nothing compares to speeding through the gorgeous scenery located in Limon, Costa Rica.
- News Center
- Fast Facts
- Press Releases
- Notices & Advisories
- Backgrounders & Fact Sheets
- Godmothers of Princess Ships
- Press Photos
- Awards & Accolades
- For Investors
- Cruise Planning: Travel Articles & Information
- Media Contacts
Search the News
More Cruise Travel Articles
- Cruise Tips and Information
- Alaska Cruise & Cruisetour Articles
- Asia, India, and Africa Cruise Articles
- Canada & New England Cruise Articles
- Caribbean Cruise Articles
- Europe/Mediterranean Cruise Articles
- Mexico Cruise Articles
- New Zealand & Australia Cruise Articles
- Panama Canal Cruise Articles
- South American Cruise Articles
- South Pacific, Tahiti & Hawaii Cruise Articles
- World Cruise Articles