Princess Cruises News Center
Cruising Article – 2011-04-01
Famous landmarks aplenty in San Francisco
Panama Canal Cruise Destinations
When you're on a Panama Canal cruise, the stops on your tour won't be limited to Mexico and the Caribbean. On some trips, the ship will actually swing up America's west coast, and you'll have the chance to explore the beautiful city of San Francisco, California.
The city of San Francisco has a number of memorable sights that are definitely worth a visit. The Golden Gate Bridge is perhaps the most iconic bridge in the world, and you'll be able to see this beautiful sight and possibly even drive across it.
Another famous San Francisco landmark is Alcatraz. Tours of this world-famous prison are extremely popular and will give you an in-depth look at some of the world's famous criminals, like Al Capone and Robert Franklin Stroud, Bird Man of Alcatraz.
If you'd rather dine and shop, there's no place better than the city's famous Pier 39 which features a broad range of stores, entertainment and cuisine. You may even encounter a San Francisco Bay staple - a sea lion!
That covers many of the things San Francisco is known for, but what about some of the off-the-beaten-path attractions? You'll definitely want to make time for Sausalito, a charming and picture-perfect waterfront community just outside the city. If you enjoy nature, you'll definitely gravitate toward Muir Woods, also outside the city, which features Coastal Redwoods, some of the tallest trees in the entire world.
You can also enjoy all of San Francisco's highlights on Hawaiian, Alaskan and coastal cruises as well.
- News Center
- Fast Facts
- Press Releases
- Notices & Advisories
- Backgrounders & Fact Sheets
- Godmothers of Princess Ships
- Press Photos
- Awards & Accolades
- For Investors
- Cruise Planning: Travel Articles & Information
- Media Contacts
Search the News
More Cruise Travel Articles
- Cruise Tips and Information
- Alaska Cruise & Cruisetour Articles
- Asia, India, and Africa Cruise Articles
- Canada & New England Cruise Articles
- Caribbean Cruise Articles
- Europe/Mediterranean Cruise Articles
- Mexico Cruise Articles
- New Zealand & Australia Cruise Articles
- Panama Canal Cruise Articles
- South American Cruise Articles
- South Pacific, Tahiti & Hawaii Cruise Articles
- World Cruise Articles