Princess Cruises News Center
Cruising Article – 2011-03-31
Explore wildlife outside Melbourne, Australia
Australia/New Zealand Cruise Destinations
You'll visit many destinations on your Australia/New Zealand cruise, but perhaps none will offer nature and wildlife lovers as many chances to explore their environment as Melbourne, Australia.
Melbourne is a big city, which would lead most to think that it mainly focuses on urban activities like shopping and eating out at fancy restaurants. While there's plenty of that to go around in Melbourne, many of the shore excursions offered in the city will help you branch out and perhaps tackle something out of the ordinary.
For example, it's not every day that you have the chance to view koalas and kangaroos up close and personal, but a trip to You Yangs National Park will provide exactly that. Watch the koala munch on a eucalyptus plant as kangaroos, wallabies, possums and other creatures frolic throughout the forest.
If you're looking for an interactive experience, try a Port Philip Bay Cruise. You'll have the chance to swim with seals and dolphins during this excursion, which also features snorkeling for those so inclined.
Prefer something a bit more romantic? It doesn't get much better than a horseback ride through the Australian wine country. This part of the experience is beautiful enough on its own, but combine it with some delicious wine tastings and it's sure to be a trip you'll never forget.
- News Center
- Fast Facts
- Press Releases
- Notices & Advisories
- Backgrounders & Fact Sheets
- Godmothers of Princess Ships
- Press Photos
- Awards & Accolades
- For Investors
- Cruise Planning: Travel Articles & Information
- Media Contacts
- 50 Essential Experiences Blog
- Inspired to Cruise Blog
- Linked by the Sea Blog
Search the News
More Cruise Travel Articles
- Cruise Tips and Information
- Alaska Cruise & Cruisetour Articles
- Asia, India, and Africa Cruise Articles
- Canada & New England Cruise Articles
- Caribbean Cruise Articles
- Europe/Mediterranean Cruise Articles
- Mexico Cruise Articles
- New Zealand & Australia Cruise Articles
- Panama Canal Cruise Articles
- South American Cruise Articles
- South Pacific, Tahiti & Hawaii Cruise Articles
- World Cruise Articles