Princess Cruises News Center
Cruising Article – 2011-03-29
Mayan ruins and more in Cozumel
Caribbean Cruise Destinations
The beautiful Mexican island of Cozumel provides plenty of opportunities for fun in the sun, but history buffs will also appreciate the numerous Mayan ruins that can be visited on shore excursions.
There's almost too much to do in Cozumel, but one of the more popular attractions are the various Mayan ruins located around the island. Explore the ancient walled city of Tulum, where you'll receive a guided tour in addition to free time to explore the massive site on your own. Or travel further away from the port to Coba, which was once home to more than 500,000 people.
Yet the ruins are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Cozumel. You'll have the opportunity to tour the island by Jeep, ATV, sailboat, and even submarine on various excursions. Optional adventures include certified scuba diving, snorkeling, ziplining through the jungle, swimming with dolphins and even learning how to cook some Cozumel cuisine.
Best of all, many of the excursions end with a trip to the beach, so you won't have to miss out on the island's white sands and clear blue waters.
It might not technically be located in the Caribbean, but the island of Cozumel is still one of the best stops for a Caribbean cruise.
- News Center
- Fast Facts
- Press Releases
- Notices & Advisories
- Backgrounders & Fact Sheets
- Godmothers of Princess Ships
- Press Photos
- Awards & Accolades
- For Investors
- Cruise Planning: Travel Articles & Information
- Media Contacts
- 50 Essential Experiences Blog
- Inspired to Cruise Blog
- Linked by the Sea Blog
Search the News
More Cruise Travel Articles
- Cruise Tips and Information
- Alaska Cruise & Cruisetour Articles
- Asia, India, and Africa Cruise Articles
- Canada & New England Cruise Articles
- Caribbean Cruise Articles
- Europe/Mediterranean Cruise Articles
- Mexico Cruise Articles
- New Zealand & Australia Cruise Articles
- Panama Canal Cruise Articles
- South American Cruise Articles
- South Pacific, Tahiti & Hawaii Cruise Articles
- World Cruise Articles