Princess Cruises News Center
Cruising Article – 2011-03-22
Onboard library and discussion club cater to bookworms
Some travelers look for cruises as a way to embark on a variety of adventurous shore excursions, leaving the ship behind in order to explore far-off locales. Others simply want to take some time and relax onboard.
If the latter category sounds like your kind of trip, you might be interested in the onboard book club. While there are a range of onboard activities for you to try, some days it's preferable to simply sit up on deck with a good book.
Of course, you could do this whether you were in the book club or not, but sitting down with other passengers and discussing a new bestseller or old favorite is one of the best ways to make the entire reading experience more enjoyable. The club focuses on a new novel every month, and you'll be treated to one or more in-depth discussions during the course of voyage, depending on the length of the trip. Titles that have been discussed recently include The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, To Kill a Mockingbird and Big Bad Wolf.
For those who'd rather read solo, it's still beneficial to keep in mind that the onboard library is fully stocked with a wide range of titles, all of which can be checked out free of charge - so you might want to save your money and avoid the airport book shop.
- News Center
- Fast Facts
- Press Releases
- Notices & Advisories
- Backgrounders & Fact Sheets
- Godmothers of Princess Ships
- Press Photos
- Awards & Accolades
- For Investors
- Cruise Planning: Travel Articles & Information
- Media Contacts
Search the News
More Cruise Travel Articles
- Cruise Tips and Information
- Alaska Cruise & Cruisetour Articles
- Asia, India, and Africa Cruise Articles
- Canada & New England Cruise Articles
- Caribbean Cruise Articles
- Europe/Mediterranean Cruise Articles
- Mexico Cruise Articles
- New Zealand & Australia Cruise Articles
- Panama Canal Cruise Articles
- South American Cruise Articles
- South Pacific, Tahiti & Hawaii Cruise Articles
- World Cruise Articles