Princess Cruises News Center
Cruising Article – 2011-03-17
Lots to see and do in Port of Spain, Trinidad
Caribbean Cruise Destinations
Port of Spain, the capital of the Trinidad island in Trinidad and Tobago, is one of the more vibrant and modern cities that you'll encounter on your Caribbean cruise. Fortunately, this means a wide variety of shore excursions will be at your fingertips.
One of the better tours offered is the scenic drive and island highlights package. This will give you a great overview of the island and a stunning glimpse of some of its key points. Explore the Royal Botanic Gardens, Santa Cruz Valley, Lady Young Lookout and a secluded white-sand beach. You'll even get a chance to see the Magnificent Seven, a stretch of ornate mansions built along the coast.
Those who want to go a bit more in-depth might want to pay a visit to Mt. St. Benedict's Monastery. You'll still tour the Royal Botanic Gardens and even have a chance to visit a former sugar plantation at Queen's Park Savannah. Yet the real highlight of this journey is the monastery itself, which is situated 800 feet above sea level. It's tough to beat the view from this vantage point, which overlooks the entire island.
If you're in good shape, perhaps you want a bit more adventure out of your excursion. Animal lovers will enjoy the rainforest hike combined with a trip to the Asa Wright Nature Center. Or instead walk to the breathtaking Maracas Waterfall, where you'll be able to cool off in the refreshing mountain water.
- News Center
- Fast Facts
- Press Releases
- Notices & Advisories
- Backgrounders & Fact Sheets
- Godmothers of Princess Ships
- Press Photos
- Awards & Accolades
- For Investors
- Cruise Planning: Travel Articles & Information
- Media Contacts
Search the News
More Cruise Travel Articles
- Cruise Tips and Information
- Alaska Cruise & Cruisetour Articles
- Asia, India, and Africa Cruise Articles
- Canada & New England Cruise Articles
- Caribbean Cruise Articles
- Europe/Mediterranean Cruise Articles
- Mexico Cruise Articles
- New Zealand & Australia Cruise Articles
- Panama Canal Cruise Articles
- South American Cruise Articles
- South Pacific, Tahiti & Hawaii Cruise Articles
- World Cruise Articles