Princess Cruises News Center
Cruising Article –03/04/2011
Meet the Beatles in Liverpool, England
European Cruise Destinations
Music fans will get a special treat when their European cruise stops off in Liverpool, England, as one of the shore excursions will give them an inside look at the most popular rock band of all time: The Beatles.
From "I Want To Hold Your Hand" to "Let It Be," this tour will chart the Beatles from their early days forming on the streets of Liverpool all the way to their eventual worldwide dominance and breakup.
One of the first venues that the Beatles ever played, the Cavern Club, still exists on Mathew Street in Liverpool. Although the original building was eventually demolished, the modern version was recreated using the same bricks from the same one that the Beatles played in.
Statues on the street commemorate John Lennon and Paul McCartney, who would later go on to form the most successful songwriting duo of all time. It was actually in Liverpool, a suburb called Woolton, where the famous partners first met.
The tour will also show you the places that would eventually be immortalized in the songs "Penny Lane" and "Strawberry Fields."
After seeing some of the top Beatles-related sights in the city, head back to Albert Dock for "The Beatles Story." This massive multimedia exhibit delves into the entire history of the band and allow travelers to gain a new and more informed perspective on one of the greatest acts of all time.
- News Center
- Fast Facts
- Press Releases
- Notices & Advisories
- Backgrounders & Fact Sheets
- Press Photos
- Awards & Accolades
- For Investors
- Cruise Planning: Travel Articles & Information
- Media Contacts
- 50 Essential Experiences Blog
- Inspired to Cruise Blog
- Linked by the Sea Blog
Search the News
More Cruise Travel Articles
- Cruise Tips and Information
- Alaska Cruise & Cruisetour Articles
- Asia, India, and Africa Cruise Articles
- Canada & New England Cruise Articles
- Caribbean Cruise Articles
- Europe/Mediterranean Cruise Articles
- Mexico Cruise Articles
- New Zealand & Australia Cruise Articles
- Panama Canal Cruise Articles
- South American Cruise Articles
- South Pacific, Tahiti & Hawaii Cruise Articles
- World Cruise Articles