Princess Cruises News Center
Cruising Article – 2011-02-28
The "Deadliest" trip in Ketchikan, Alaska
Alaskan Cruise Destinations
Fans of the Discovery Channel's hit series "Deadliest Catch" will be treated to a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity when their Alaskan cruise stops in Ketchikan, as they'll have the chance to board one of the vessels that was actually used on the show.
The Aleutian Ballad was featured on the second season of the show, which certainly lived up to its title. The crew was in danger several times over the course of the season, most notably when they were nearly capsized by a 60-foot rogue wave.
Those who book this excursion won't be in any danger, however. The Ballad now sticks to much calmer waters, and has been refitted to accommodate up to 150 leisure passengers.
Still, despite the safety precautions, you'll see all the action of the television show unfold right on the boat. The crew members will send out nets in order to catch crabs, squid, prawns and more.
These aren't paid actors either - all the crew members on the Ballad are real-life crabbers who have been to some of the most far-flung places on Earth and come back with a bountiful haul.
The ship will also sail toward the beautiful Annette Island, where you'll have a chance to see some rare creatures, like whales, bald eagles, sea lions and more.
- News Center
- Fast Facts
- Press Releases
- Notices & Advisories
- Backgrounders & Fact Sheets
- Godmothers of Princess Ships
- Press Photos
- Awards & Accolades
- For Investors
- Cruise Planning: Travel Articles & Information
- Media Contacts
Search the News
More Cruise Travel Articles
- Cruise Tips and Information
- Alaska Cruise & Cruisetour Articles
- Asia, India, and Africa Cruise Articles
- Canada & New England Cruise Articles
- Caribbean Cruise Articles
- Europe/Mediterranean Cruise Articles
- Mexico Cruise Articles
- New Zealand & Australia Cruise Articles
- Panama Canal Cruise Articles
- South American Cruise Articles
- South Pacific, Tahiti & Hawaii Cruise Articles
- World Cruise Articles