Princess Cruises News Center
Cruising Article – 2011-02-24
Mystic Mountain offers a bird's eye view of Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Jamaica is world-renowned for its beautiful scenery, and you'll experience this firsthand if your Caribbean cruise includes Ocho Rios as one of its ports of call.
The easiest way to see Jamaica in all its beauty is from an excellent vantage point. The best in the area is definitely at Mystic Mountain. Transport to this peak is just a short ride away from the main port if you book the Mystic Mountain Chairlift Excursion.
Upon arrival, travelers will be given a brief orientation about the safety rules on the chairlift. Each chair seats four people and the ride to the top is approximately fifteen minutes long. However, travelers might wish it lasted a bit longer, as the view of the surrounding rainforest is simply stunning.
Don't worry, however, as you'll have all the time in the world to take in the view. Reaching the top of the mountain gives travelers a chance to look out over the entire region. There's even an observation tower for those who want to go even higher. The view isn't the only reason to ascend the mountain, however, as the top features an educational museum that details the history of Jamaica, a full snack bar serving local delicacies and an infinity swimming pool for those who want to cool off before heading back down.
- News Center
- Fast Facts
- Press Releases
- Notices & Advisories
- Backgrounders & Fact Sheets
- Godmothers of Princess Ships
- Press Photos
- Awards & Accolades
- For Investors
- Cruise Planning: Travel Articles & Information
- Media Contacts
Search the News
More Cruise Travel Articles
- Cruise Tips and Information
- Alaska Cruise & Cruisetour Articles
- Asia, India, and Africa Cruise Articles
- Canada & New England Cruise Articles
- Caribbean Cruise Articles
- Europe/Mediterranean Cruise Articles
- Mexico Cruise Articles
- New Zealand & Australia Cruise Articles
- Panama Canal Cruise Articles
- South American Cruise Articles
- South Pacific, Tahiti & Hawaii Cruise Articles
- World Cruise Articles