Princess Cruises News Center
Cruising Article –02/23/2011
Plenty to do in Amsterdam
The country's official port of call is Rotterdam, but passengers on a European cruise will likely want to take the opportunity to explore the nearby city of Amsterdam when their ship stops in the Netherlands.
Amsterdam is approximately two hours away by car, giving you plenty of time to see the main highlights of this incredibly diverse city. If you book a shore excursion that includes Amsterdam, your transportation will be provided in the form of an air-conditioned motorcoach.
Once in the city, the various options diverge. Those who simply want to see a few of the main attractions can take a driven tour that will show off landmarks such as the Baroque Royal Palace, Weeper's Tower and the Nieuwe Kerk.
Amsterdam is also famous for its canals, and it's possible to book a leisurely tour among the city's waterways as well. While many travelers celebrate Venice and its romantic canals, the truth of the matter is that Amsterdam actually has more waterways in terms of mileage.
If you want to spend more time in a particular place, it may be helpful to book a tour of the famous Van Gogh Museum or Anne Frank House. These excursions will let travelers the chance to really spend some time in these famous buildings, while still allowing some free time for shopping or a quick bite to eat.
- News Center
- Fast Facts
- Press Releases
- Notices & Advisories
- Backgrounders & Fact Sheets
- Godmothers of Princess Ships
- Press Photos
- Awards & Accolades
- For Investors
- Cruise Planning: Travel Articles & Information
- Media Contacts
- 50 Essential Experiences Blog
- Inspired to Cruise Blog
- Linked by the Sea Blog
Search the News
More Cruise Travel Articles
- Cruise Tips and Information
- Alaska Cruise & Cruisetour Articles
- Asia, India, and Africa Cruise Articles
- Canada & New England Cruise Articles
- Caribbean Cruise Articles
- Europe/Mediterranean Cruise Articles
- Mexico Cruise Articles
- New Zealand & Australia Cruise Articles
- Panama Canal Cruise Articles
- South American Cruise Articles
- South Pacific, Tahiti & Hawaii Cruise Articles
- World Cruise Articles