Princess Cruises News Center
Cruising Article –01/28/2013
Visit Victoria, British Columbia, on an Alaska cruise
Alaska cruise, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, Princess Cruises
Travelers can get a taste of British sensibility when their Alaskan cruise stops in Victoria, British Columbia. The architecture, styling and even name of this town call to mind Great Britain, and many of the choices for excursions accurately reflect this.
For example, travelers can sit down to a relaxing traditional English tea at the famous Butchart Gardens. It's easy to spend all day here, strolling around the grounds and taking in the many different gardens on display. There's even a carousel for some nostalgic fun. It's capped off with a sit-down afternoon tea service that includes sandwiches, tasty treats and a wide selection of fine English teas.
Another relaxing activity for visitors is exploring the city in a horse-drawn trolley. You'll trot along at a leisurely pace while taking in some of Victoria's famous sights, like the Parliament Buildings, Beacon Hill Park and the quaint neighborhood of James Bay.
No trip to Victoria is complete without taking part in one of the most important British traditions - a pub crawl. Travelers can explore a multitude of English-style pubs as they sample both local flavors and imports from across the pond. For those who want to break out of the mold of tours and immerse themselves in local culture, there's no better option.
Victoria is renowned for its beautiful gardens, charming houses and very British feel. Click here to learn more about the spectacular cities you'll visit on an Alaska cruise vacation.
- News Center
- Fast Facts
- Press Releases
- Notices & Advisories
- Backgrounders & Fact Sheets
- Godmothers of Princess Ships
- Press Photos
- Awards & Accolades
- For Investors
- Cruise Planning: Travel Articles & Information
- Media Contacts
- 50 Essential Experiences Blog
- Inspired to Cruise Blog
- Linked by the Sea Blog
Search the News
More Cruise Travel Articles
- Cruise Tips and Information
- Alaska Cruise & Cruisetour Articles
- Asia, India, and Africa Cruise Articles
- Canada & New England Cruise Articles
- Caribbean Cruise Articles
- Europe/Mediterranean Cruise Articles
- Mexico Cruise Articles
- New Zealand & Australia Cruise Articles
- Panama Canal Cruise Articles
- South American Cruise Articles
- South Pacific, Tahiti & Hawaii Cruise Articles
- World Cruise Articles