Princess Cruises News Center
Cruising Article – 2011-02-11
Visit the Guinness Brewery in Dublin, Ireland
Travelers who book a Western European cruise will have a chance to explore one of the most famous cities in all of Europe when their ship stops in Dublin, Ireland, for a day of fun and adventure.
One of the highlights of a trip to Dublin will surely be a trip to the world-famous Guinness Brewery. This Irish landmark features a lengthy tour that will explain everything that goes into making this legendary stout beer. Visitors will ascend through the factory before reaching the top, where they'll be served a free pint of expertly-tapped Guinness.
Even those who don't appreciate the Irish beverage of choice will likely be dazzled by the view, as the circular glass-enclosed tasting room is one of the highest points in the city. Those who book this excursion can then explore the city on a leisurely narrated drive around town, where travelers can view sights like the Christ Church cathedral before returning to the ship.
Alternatively, those who prefer to get out of the city can book a tour of the beautiful surrounding Irish countryside. The area of Glendalough houses beautiful monastic ruins dating back to the sixth century, and travelers can also tour the quaint village of Vale of Clara.
- News Center
- Fast Facts
- Press Releases
- Notices & Advisories
- Backgrounders & Fact Sheets
- Godmothers of Princess Ships
- Press Photos
- Awards & Accolades
- For Investors
- Cruise Planning: Travel Articles & Information
- Media Contacts
Search the News
More Cruise Travel Articles
- Cruise Tips and Information
- Alaska Cruise & Cruisetour Articles
- Asia, India, and Africa Cruise Articles
- Canada & New England Cruise Articles
- Caribbean Cruise Articles
- Europe/Mediterranean Cruise Articles
- Mexico Cruise Articles
- New Zealand & Australia Cruise Articles
- Panama Canal Cruise Articles
- South American Cruise Articles
- South Pacific, Tahiti & Hawaii Cruise Articles
- World Cruise Articles