Princess Cruises News Center
Cruising Article – 2011-02-11
Swim in the Blue Lagoon in Reykjavik, Iceland
Reykjavik, Iceland, and its surrounding areas are truly among the most beautiful places in the world, so travelers should be sure to disembark if they're lucky enough to stop here on their Western European cruise.
A luxurious drive around the city is a great way to start the day and explore some of the many sights that Reykjavik has to offer. One place that shouldn't be missed is the famous Hofdi House, which hosted an important summit between U.S. President Ronald Reagan and Soviet Union leader Mikhail Gorbachev in the late 1980s. The talks from this meeting would later go on to form much of the basis for a nuclear treaty signed between the two countries in the following year.
Another must-see stop is The Pearl, an architectural marvel of steel and glass that offers visitors some of the best views in the entire city.
But perhaps the most famous Iceland landmark is a short trip outside the city at the Blue Lagoon. This beautiful geothermal spa features waters that are renowned the world over for their healing properties. Travelers can simply stand by the edge and take in the magnificent vista or even take a dip themselves.
- News Center
- Fast Facts
- Press Releases
- Notices & Advisories
- Backgrounders & Fact Sheets
- Godmothers of Princess Ships
- Press Photos
- Awards & Accolades
- For Investors
- Cruise Planning: Travel Articles & Information
- Media Contacts
Search the News
More Cruise Travel Articles
- Cruise Tips and Information
- Alaska Cruise & Cruisetour Articles
- Asia, India, and Africa Cruise Articles
- Canada & New England Cruise Articles
- Caribbean Cruise Articles
- Europe/Mediterranean Cruise Articles
- Mexico Cruise Articles
- New Zealand & Australia Cruise Articles
- Panama Canal Cruise Articles
- South American Cruise Articles
- South Pacific, Tahiti & Hawaii Cruise Articles
- World Cruise Articles