Princess Cruises News Center
Cruising Article – 2011-01-28
Soak in the scenery in Bar Harbor, Maine
When many travelers think of cruises, their mind automatically jumps to the Caribbean - and there's no doubt that these getaways can be fantastic. Yet there are plenty of other places worthy of a visit, and those on a Canada and New England cruise will see that firsthand when they stop in Bar Harbor, Maine.
This quaint town on Mount Desert Island off the southern coast of Maine has become internationally renowned for its charming streets and stunning scenery.
Travelers will have a wide array of options when it comes to shore excursions in Bar Harbor, Maine, as there's lots to see and do. One of the highlights that should not be missed, however, is Cadillac Mountain, a 1,532-foot peak that towers over the surrounding area, giving off some stunning views. Many say it's among the first places in the U.S. to be hit by sunlight in the morning.
Even those who don't want to head up the mountain still have plenty of options. A hike or bike around Arcadia National Park might be fun for the family, while couples can opt for a romantic carriage ride.
Bar Harbor even comes with a presidential stamp of approval. President Obama took his family here for a quick getaway over the summer, taking some time for a leisurely hike and trip to Cadillac Mountain.
- News Center
- Fast Facts
- Press Releases
- Notices & Advisories
- Backgrounders & Fact Sheets
- Godmothers of Princess Ships
- Press Photos
- Awards & Accolades
- For Investors
- Cruise Planning: Travel Articles & Information
- Media Contacts
- 50 Essential Experiences Blog
- Inspired to Cruise Blog
- Linked by the Sea Blog
Search the News
More Cruise Travel Articles
- Cruise Tips and Information
- Alaska Cruise & Cruisetour Articles
- Asia, India, and Africa Cruise Articles
- Canada & New England Cruise Articles
- Caribbean Cruise Articles
- Europe/Mediterranean Cruise Articles
- Mexico Cruise Articles
- New Zealand & Australia Cruise Articles
- Panama Canal Cruise Articles
- South American Cruise Articles
- South Pacific, Tahiti & Hawaii Cruise Articles
- World Cruise Articles