Princess Cruises News Center
Cruising Article –01/26/2011
Cruise into Angkor Wat in Cambodia
Travelers lucky enough to be setting sail on an Asian cruise may have the chance to explore the temple of Angkor Wat, an UNESCO World Heritage Site and the largest religious structure in the world.
While Angkor Wat is the most famous aspect of this site, the entire temple complex of Angkor is worth a visit. Travelers will have a chance to explore the ruins of this lost city, which features some of the most stunning and unique architecture in the world.
Angkor Wat itself is the centerpiece and the largest part of this temple complex. Originally built as a Hindu temple, the structure now attracts thousands of visitors every year, who marvel at the beauty and size of the building and the ruins around it.
Frommer's recommends that travelers stick around to watch the sunset, as the views around the temple are truly spectacular. The guide highlights the areas of Ta Prohm, Bayon and Phnom Bakheng hill as some of the top spots in the area to catch this daily wonder.
In the past, unstable conditions in the country of Cambodia cut off some access to the site, but the country is now safe for travelers. The base town of Siem Reap outside the temple now has the infrastructure to support the large number of people who come to see the temple every year and is a great spot for tourists to plan their visit.
- News Center
- Fast Facts
- Press Releases
- Notices & Advisories
- Backgrounders & Fact Sheets
- Press Photos
- Awards & Accolades
- For Investors
- Cruise Planning: Travel Articles & Information
- Media Contacts
- 50 Essential Experiences Blog
- Inspired to Cruise Blog
- Linked by the Sea Blog
Search the News
More Cruise Travel Articles
- Cruise Tips and Information
- Alaska Cruise & Cruisetour Articles
- Asia, India, and Africa Cruise Articles
- Canada & New England Cruise Articles
- Caribbean Cruise Articles
- Europe/Mediterranean Cruise Articles
- Mexico Cruise Articles
- New Zealand & Australia Cruise Articles
- Panama Canal Cruise Articles
- South American Cruise Articles
- South Pacific, Tahiti & Hawaii Cruise Articles
- World Cruise Articles