Princess Cruises News Center
Regal Princess Fitness Facilities Keep Guests Active
Guests of all athletic abilities can test their mettle and keep in shape with Regal Princess’ fitness facilities, including a new outdoor jogging track and additional circuit exercises, the multi-activity Princess Sports Central, and a fitness center full of the latest equipment with a private aerobics studio for special classes.
Among the fitness facilities on Regal Princess are:
Jogging Track – A double-lane jogging track on Deck 18 features separate paths for runners and walkers. In addition, a circuit program with unique outdoor exercise stations set at intervals along the track makes it the perfect place for guests who want to burn a few extra calories or work on strength moves al fresco. This modern outdoor fitness equipment will offer another option for those who wish to work out on deck and enjoy the sea air. The track area is decorated with art picturing iconic global travel destinations, giving guests the opportunity to “run around the world.”
Princess Sports Central –The multi-sport area on decks 18 and 19 is designed to offer a collection of fun options, including court games, lawn activities and even a lounge for virtual gaming. The Center Court can be used for basketball, tennis, volleyball and badminton, while baseball fans can even practice their swing at the portable batting cage. Golfers will find a driving range facility, while the simulated laser shooting range offers a new onboard activity. On the upper level, the Lawn Court offers a grassy area for putting, bocce ball, croquet and lawn bowling. The Game Lounge offers a comfortable space to meet up for games, including table tennis and virtual gaming with KinectTM systems. The cruise staff will be on hand to organize sports competitions and fun group games.
Fitness Center/Aerobics Studio – The Fitness Center on Deck 17 pairs a state-of-the-art gym with spectacular ocean views. This multi-tiered facility offers something for all fitness levels, so everyone from beginner to expert will find challenging exercise options. Guests will find the latest in exercise equipment like treadmills, recumbent bicycles, elliptical machines, strength equipment, as well as a selection of free weights. Most equipment features personal TV screens, and some even offer an interactive, virtual experience that makes exercising a bit more fun and engaging.
At the back of the gym Regal Princess features a private aerobics studio that will host a selection of fitness classes, including some intriguing new workout options to keep guests on their toes. Among the class options will be:
- TRX® – Born of the U.S. Navy SEALS, TRX suspension training bodyweight exercise is a revolutionary method of functional training. Using a TRX Suspension Trainer combined with bodyweight, participants can perform hundreds of different exercises and control the intensity by adjusting body position and angle. Classes will be held in the indoor studio as well as outside on the fitness court.
- MyRide – A new era in indoor cycling, MyRide offers the opportunity to ride through inspiring scenic landscapes from around the world, with varying levels of intensity controlled by the user.
- Body Sculpt Boot Camp – Guests can increase muscle tone, improve muscular strength, enhance endurance and energy levels with this workout program that burns up to 700 calories in the 40 minute class. Participants will receive a take-home poster/program which outlines all the exercises and breaks the program up into four manageable workouts so they can continue their workouts after the cruise.
- Chi Ball Yoga – This relaxing new class uses an aromatherapy-scented ball infused with different mood-enhancing essential oils.
Guests can meet with fitness instructors in consultation rooms where they can privately discuss their fitness goals and design a workout routine.
- News Center
- Fast Facts
- Press Releases
- Notices & Advisories
- Backgrounders & Fact Sheets
- Godmothers of Princess Ships
- Press Photos
- Awards & Accolades
- For Investors
- Cruise Planning: Travel Articles & Information
- Media Contacts