Princess Cruises News Center
Princess Vacation Protection Plans Offer Peace of Mind
Designed to Provide Exceptional Coverage and Flexibility, Including Cancel for Any Reason Up to Departure
Most travel experts agree that protecting your vacation is a good idea. Princess Vacation Protection(sm) offers some of the broadest benefits available, providing guests with exceptional coverage and flexibility that can alleviate concerns about unforeseen events interrupting a planned cruise vacation.
In addition to offering excess coverage for medical emergencies and coverage for lost baggage and other unforeseen events, Princess Vacation Protection and Princess Platinum Vacation Protection(sm) are among the few travel protection plans that offer a "cancel for any reason" component. Other unique features include coverage for Princess-booked air and hotel travel and rates that aren't based on a guest's age.
"We care about our guests' peace of mind, and you never know what might put your vacation at risk," said Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises president. "So we offer them the security of knowing that they have protection when booking a Princess cruise, regardless of why they have to cancel. Most other travel plans don't provide this type of 'any reason' cancellation coverage."
As a special benefit for its loyal past guests, Princess gives Platinum and Elite members of the Princess Captain's Circle who purchase Princess Vacation Protection automatic upgrades to Princess Platinum Vacation Protection at no additional cost.
Among the special features that set Princess Vacation Protection apart are:
- Trip Cancellation -- Guests receive 100 percent cash reimbursement of otherwise non-refundable cancellation fees in the event a guest must cancel their trip for an eligible illness, injury or other specified reason.
- "Any Reason" Cancellations -- This special feature enables guests who choose to cancel their vacation for any reason at all to receive 75 percent (100 percent with Princess Platinum Vacation Protection) of their cancellation fee as a future cruise credit provided by Princess. And, guests can cancel at any time up until departure to be eligible for these credits. There are no blackout periods as with some other programs.
- No Additional Cost for Air/Hotel Coverage -- Plan fees are based solely on a guest's cruise or cruisetour fare but, as an added feature, the plan will cover all related travel purchased through Princess, including FlightChoice air arrangements and Cruise Plus hotel packages.
- No Age Limit -- While many travel protection plans base their fees on the age of the guest, Princess Vacation Protection offers the same coverage to everyone at the same price, regardless of their date of birth.
Princess Vacation Protection and Princess Platinum Vacation Protection cover clients for a number of unforeseen travel emergencies, in addition to cancellation protection. The program includes the following primary provisions:
- Trip Interruption -- Guests receive a refund for any unused cruise vacation days as well as transportation expenses to return home should an illness, injury or other eligible reason force them to interrupt their vacation.
- Excess Medical Coverage -- Guests will be reimbursed for medical expenses resulting from illness or injury incurred during the trip, up to $10,000 per person ($20,000 per person with Princess Platinum Vacation Protection). In addition, emergency medical evacuations are covered up to $25,000 per person ($50,000 per person with the Platinum plan).
- Baggage -- Lost or damaged luggage is covered up to $1,500 per person ($3,000 per person with the Platinum plan), and $500 per person is provided for purchase of necessary items if bags are delayed for more than 24 hours.
- Worldwide Emergency Assistance -- Princess Vacation Protection provides a 24-hour hotline for medical, legal, lost travel document and other emergency assistance worldwide.
For complete terms and conditions and exclusions, please contact the Princess Vacation Protection desk at 1-877-846-8833 or refer to the Plan Description.