Princess Cruises News Center
Princess Makes Marriage Proposals Memorable with "Engagement Under The Stars" Package
Where else should suitors turn for help in creating a "stellar" marriage proposal than Princess Cruises, famous as the romantic setting of "The Love Boat" television series? Beginning in June 2006, an "Engagement Under the Stars" package is available for couples who want to enjoy movie-star status when they agree to tie the knot.
Guys can pop the question to their unsuspecting betrothed with a personal video proposal shown on the ship's giant outdoor Movies Under the Stars movie screen and, after she says "yes," Princess will continue to keep the stars in their eyes throughout the sailing with a special romantic dinner, amenities, and the creation of keepsake items to remember the occasion long after they return home.
"Engagement Under the Stars" proposals will take place just prior to one of the evening's outdoor feature films at a time prearranged with the proposer, who will bring his unsuspecting fianc?-to-be to the scene under the guise of seeing the evening's show. Priced at $695, the package includes:
- A secret session for the proposer with the ship's videographer to create a personalized on-screen proposal
- Two glasses of champagne and a red rose presented to the couple immediately following the proposal
- A bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in the couple's stateroom the evening of the proposal
- An engagement portrait session with 8x10 engagement photo
- Four candid 8x6 photos of the surprise proposal
- A Princess Cruises romantic, in-room breakfast
- A dinner for two at one of the ship's sophisticated alternative dining venues, such as Sabatini's Trattoria or Crown Grill
- A couple's massage in the Lotus Spa
- A 10 percent discount off of fine jewelry in the shipboard boutiques, just in case the groom didn't bring a ring
- A $100 credit towards a wedding-at-sea package on a future voyage
The "Engagement Under the Stars" package enables any "Regular Joe" to provide his bride-to-be with a highly romantic and attention-getting proposal...without him having to do any of the planning. "All the gentleman has to bring is the ring and the question," says Jan Swartz, Princess' president. "We've tapped into many of the ship's fabulous amenities - from dining, to spa, to our ScholarShip@Sea program, and of course, our signature Movies Under the Stars screen - to combine the most romantic and memorable experiences for newly engaged couples, and we're very happy to offer this package to grooms-to-be who want to create a lasting impression on their partners."
Movies Under the Stars, an industry first when Princess launched it in 2004, offers guests the opportunity to enjoy drive-in style outdoor movies on the 300-square-foot LED movie screen day and night on the top deck of the ship while relaxing in comfortable chaise lounges, the swimming pool, or the hot tub.