It barely gets a mention in most guidebooks but this remote, densely-vegetated island in northern Vanuatu will excite anyone with an interest in anthropology. Cut off from its larger neighbor, Malekula, by a deep channel, Wala is remarkably untouched by modern culture – astounding, considering its welcoming inhabitants, wondrous environs, world-class snorkeling and fascinating ancient traditions.
Take a guided walk around the village to learn about its centuries-old traditions. If you can, catch a traditional ceremony – they’re frequently staged for visitors, along with cooking and hunting demonstrations.
Visit local markets and stores to pick up striking, high-quality handicrafts, then cool off with a swim or snorkel off one of the island’s beaches.
- Australia & New Zealand Cruise
- Australia & New Zealand Cruise Vacations
- Australia & Asia Cruise Vacations
- Australia & New Zealand Cruisetours
- Why Cruise Australia & New Zealand?
- Ports & Excursions
- Cruise Ships to Australia & New Zealand
Australia, New Zealand & Asia Brochure
Search our range of itineraries to find one that's right for you.