Nuku’alofa is the laidback capital of the small, picturesque nation of Tonga, aptly named ‘The Friendly Islands’ by explorer Captain Cook. If your idea of Pacific Nirvana includes picture-perfect beaches, swaying palms and cerulean waters brimming with tropical fish and coral, this is your port.
Nuku'alofa sits on a narrow isthmus facing the Pacific Ocean to the north, and the pretty Fanga'uta Lagoon to the south.
The quiet, sprawling town has few tourist attractions besides its Royal Palace and busy market.
- Australia & New Zealand Cruises
- Australia & New Zealand Cruise Vacations
- Australia & Asia Cruise Vacations
- Australia & New Zealand Land & Sea Vacations
- Why Cruise Australia & New Zealand?
- Ships to Australia & New Zealand
- Cruise Ports & Excursions
- Extending Your Australia & New Zealand Cruise
Australia, New Zealand & Asia Brochure
Search our range of itineraries to find one that's right for you.