Bordered by the Indian Ocean and sandy beaches on one side and the arid red-green landscape of the Kimberley wilderness on the other, Western Australia's Broome is a place a beat apart from the rest of Australia. Established in 1883, Broome played host to speculators seeking their fortune from pearling rather than gold. And between 1889 and 1891 the record high price of mother of pearl helped to establish Broome as a port and major pearling center. Today Broome is a vibrant city filled with a history and culture all its own, as well as the gateway to the vast Kimberley wilderness.
The vast unspoiled landscape of the Kimberley wilderness offers miles and miles of solitude and is a perfect travel destination for outdoor adventurers and enthusiasts alike.
- Australia & New Zealand Cruise
- Australia & New Zealand Cruise Vacations
- Australia & Asia Cruise Vacations
- Australia & New Zealand Cruisetours
- Why Cruise Australia & New Zealand?
- Ports & Excursions
- Cruise Ships to Australia & New Zealand
Australia, New Zealand & Asia Brochure
Search our range of itineraries to find one that's right for you.