Akaroa, New Zealand
Eighty-five kilometers southeast of Christchurch, historic Akaroa perches on the edge of an ancient volcano. Its foreshore is lined with European-style cafes, restaurants, galleries and boutiques. One of the first settlements in the Canterbury region, the town has a rich Maori, French and British heritage visible on display at the Akaroa and Okains Bay Museum which incorporates some of Canterbury’s oldest buildings.
On The Bay
Take a cruise on the bay to see rare Hector’s dolphins, yellow-eyed penguins and a colony of cute but smelly New Zealand fur seals.
Walking and Trekking
On shore, walking is a popular pastime, as is horseback trekking, four-wheel bike riding and mountain biking.
- Australia & New Zealand Cruise
- Australia & New Zealand Cruise Vacations
- Australia & Asia Cruise Vacations
- Australia & New Zealand Cruisetours
- Why Cruise Australia & New Zealand?
- Ports & Excursions
- Cruise Ships to Australia & New Zealand
Australia, New Zealand & Asia Brochure
Search our range of itineraries to find one that's right for you.