Travel & Transportation
Before you board, there are some things you should know to make your vacation as seamless as possible. Click on a topic headline to view detailed information relating to your selection.
Port Driving Directions
We’ve put together embarkation port guides that provide details – including driving directions, parking information, luggage handling tips and more for your reference!
Passengers who are driving should arrive at the pier 2-3 hours prior to sailing. Passengers who arrive earlier than recommended will have to wait until embarkation begins.
For sailings from Port Everglades (FLL), Vancouver (YVR), San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), New York (NYC), and Seattle (SEA), passengers may obtain information and parking rates by calling the below listed numbers:
|Ft. Lauderdale - Port Everglades|
Please check the signage at the port for your pier location.
|Vancouver - Canada Place||604-684-2251 or 604-681-8306 or 800-665-0050|
|San Francisco - Pier 35||415-398-1900 x112 (ACE Parking)|
|Los Angeles - San Pedro World Cruise Terminal||310-547-4357|
|Seattle - Pier 91||206-783-4144|
|New York - Brooklyn Cruise Terminal||718-246-2794 x303|
Parking Prices are approximate and subject to change:
- FLL - There are about 2,500 parking spaces available in a six-level parking garage adjacent to Pier 2 for cruise passengers in the Northport Parking Garage. Prices are $15 per day per vehicle. Please note that oversized vehicles are $19 per day and any vehicles over 20' in length cannot be accommodated.There is NO RV parking. Cash and credit cards (American Express, Visa, Mastercard, & Discover) are accepted.
- YVR - On-site parking for Canada Place pier is run by Citipark (Canada Place) in a two-story parking garage. Awaiting confirmation for pricing per day. Passengers may contact Citipark toll free at 866-856-8080 or at 604-684-2251 with any additional questions.
- SFO - ACE Parking located at 55 Francisco St. San Francisco CA 94133. Parking is available for cruise passengers for $17 per calender day. Parking lot is run by Ace Parking. Cash, Visa and Mastercard are accepted for payment. For reservation information, passengers can call 415-398-1900x112.
- LAX - There are over 2,500 parking spots in a secure lot which is run by Parking Concepts Inc. Overnight parking is available at a maximum of $12 per day per parking space (if you are in a large vehicle or occupy multiple spaces, you will be charged for all occupied spaces). Cash, travelers checks, and credit cards are all accepted. Parking is on a first come, first served basis and no reservations are required. Lot hours are between 9:00 am - 6:00 pm pst. Passengers can visit www.lacruisecenter.com or call 310-547-4357 for more information.
- SEA - Parking is available at Pier 91 (provided by Republic Parking Northwest) for $20 per day or $140 per week for regular sized vehicles. For RVs up to 18', the cost is $196 per week and for RVs 18' and larger (including 5th wheels) is $245 per week. If passenger has an RV towing a car on a trailer, they must pay both the RV and the regular sized car pricing. There are 1000+ parking spaces (including handicapped parking) and oversized vehicles and RVs are welcome. Parking is on a first come, first served basis and Republic Parking Northwest does not take reservations, however, passengers can go to www.rpnw.com/cruise and pre-pay (online only) for a quicker exit post cruise.
- NYC - Parking is available at the Brooklyn Cruise terminal for $23 for the first night and $20 for each day after that (for multiple days) in a secure lot which includes handicapped spaces as well. Passengers can visit www.nycruise.com or call 718-246-2794 x303 for additional information.
Book Air Travel
As part of Princess Cruises' continuous commitment to service and innovation, we are pleased to introduce the new Princess eZAir® program. Princess eZAir offers real-time, competitively-priced flights that complement your cruise itinerary. It also offers Next Port Protection – something not offered by other major air booking websites. Benefits include:
- Next Port Protection – We'll work with the airline to route you to the next appropriate port of call in the event of a flight delay or cancellation at no additional air cost to you. Although alternative flight arrangements are permitted, airlines have no responsibility to get you to the ship in the event of a canceled flight or delay. Avoid stress and potential extra air cost - travel with peace of mind when you book through Princess eZAir!
- Immediate flight confirmations – Confirm flight schedule at the time of booking.
- Two pricing options – Compare both pricing options (Flexible or Restricted) side-by-side.
- Post cruise missed flights - If for any reason your cruise arrives late into port or your Princess transfer is delayed to the airport and you miss your return flight, Princess will work with the airline to re-book your flights to get you home.
Click here for additional details about the Princess eZAir program.
If you have already booked a cruise, click here to learn more about Princess eZAir.
If you have not booked a cruise yet, click here to search for cruises and airfare.
Flight Guidelines for Non Princess Flight Passengers
Princess Cruises has established the following air flight guidelines for passengers who choose to purchase air from a source other than Princess. Please select the port(s) of embarkation and/or disembarkation from the list below to view the air flight guidelines.
The times listed below are subject to change.
An exclusive service for Northeast residents!
Princess offers a motorcoach transfer program for passengers sailing roundtrip out of Brooklyn, New York or Canada & New England cruises.
Northeast Motorcoach Program
The cost is $79 per person roundtrip
One route with convenient pick-up locations along the way:
- Washington, DC/Baltimore, MD/Wilmington, DE, Philadelphia, PA/Burlington, NJ/Brooklyn PIER
You’ll board a motorcoach and travel in comfort with your luggage to your waiting ship. You’ll also be delivered back to the same location after you disembark.
- Air-conditioned motorcoaches
- Wheelchair accessible*
- Reservations are required
- Departures are capacity controlled and may be cancelled due to lack of participation
*After booking please contact your travel agent, or Princess Cruises at 1-800-PRINCESS to have your wheelchair specifications noted on your cruise booking. This will ensure that we can supply the proper motorcoach that is wheelchair accessible.
For scheduling, dates and pick-up locations closest to you, please contact your travel agent, call
1-800-PRINCESS or visit Cruise Personalizer®.
If you purchase a Princess airport-to-ship transfer, you’ll be met by a uniformed Princess representative at the embarkation port airport.
For domestic U.S. flights, you’ll be met near the luggage claim area. For international flights, you’ll be met as you exit the secure customs area. Make sure you claim all your luggage prior to exiting the luggage claim area.
From the airport, you’ll be transferred to your ship or hotel. But if you haven’t purchased your air travel arrangements from Princess, you must provide us with flight details prior to purchasing your transfer.
And if you require special assistance, be aware that lift-equipped transportation may not be available in your port of embarkation or disembarkation. Arrangements must be secured in advance to accommodate your needs.
For transfer arrangement details, please contact your travel agent, call 1-800-PRINCESS or visit Cruise Personalizer®.
For the latest information regarding what to bring, what to leave at home, and what to generally expect while traveling, please visit the Transportation Security Administration website at http://www.tsa.gov/.
For current travel warnings issued by the State Department for countries Americans should avoid, please visit the U.S. Department of State website at http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_1764.html.
For general travel information issued by the State Department, please visit the U.S. Department of State website at http://travel.state.gov/.
US Direct Transfer Program in Vancouver, B.C.
The new US Direct transfer program offered at Vancouver Airport (YVR) allows guests to avoid potentially lengthy lines and reduce luggage handling hassles. By participating in this program you will receive expedited Customs/Immigration clearance and your luggage will go directly from the plane to your ship without having to be claimed at the airport. This program is being offered ONLY to eligible passengers who purchase a standard Princess airport-to-pier transfer.
If you are eligible you will be automatically enrolled in this program, and sent special US Direct luggage tags that will be mailed to your home prior to your departure.
To be eligible for the program you must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a valid US Passport
- Arrive at Vancouver Airport (YVR) between 9:30am and 2:00pm on the day of sailing
- Arrive on a non-stop flight from a US airport
- Immediately provide your complete immigration and flight details on the Cruise Personalizer
- Pre-purchase a standard Princess airport to pier transfer
Call your travel agent or Princess Cruises at 1-800-Princess to book your transfer!
- Alaska Cruisetours
- Asia Cruisetours
- Australia Cruisetours
- Canada & New England Cruisetours
- Europe Cruisetours
- South America Cruisetours
Cruise Answer Book
Search our range of itineraries to find one that's right for you.