FAQ: What To Bring
Now that you've done all the necessary planning before you go, we'll review the items you may need to make your time with Princess the best vacation ever! Click on a topic headline to view detailed information relating to your selection.
We want you to enjoy a rejuvenating and exciting vacation with Princess. But before you board, there are some thing you should know to help make the first day of your vacation as seamless as possible.
Download the checklist to make sure you have all the important documentation you need before you depart on your Princess vacation!
You should dress for a cruise with Princess the same way you would for any stylish land-based resort.
Casual sportswear, including shorts, lightweight pants and jogging suits, is the order of the day both at sea and ashore in hotter climates.
We recommend you bring a sweater, a jacket or an all-weather coat for cool evenings, and for shore excursions, depending on your destination. Due to unpredictable weather, don't forget a hat or visor and a collapsible umbrella. Please be sure to bring proper clothing for visits to religious sites. You'll also want low-heeled, rubbersoled shoes for strolling on deck, as well as comfortable walking shoes or sandals to wear.
Princess makes it easy to know what to pack and what to wear when you’re dining onboard our spectacular ships. There are two designations for dress codes: Smart Casual and Formal.
Guest attire should be in keeping with what they would wear to a nice restaurant at home.
- Skirts/dresses, slacks, and sweaters for ladies
- Pants and open-neck shirts for men
Inappropriate dinner wear such as pool or beach attire, shorts, ball caps and casual jeans (with fraying and/or holes) are not permitted in the dining rooms. Shoes must be worn.
When formal nights are held, please observe the dress code in the Traditional Dining and Anytime Dining venues for the enjoyment of all our guests.
- Evening gowns and cocktail dresses for women
- Tuxedos, dinner jackets or dark suits with a tie for men
|Length of Cruise||Number of Formal Evenings||Number of Smart Casual Evenings|
|29+ Days||5 minimum||24+|
Packing for Your Vacation
Follow these important luggage reminders:
- Essential medicines, travel documents, valuables and breakables should be hand carried in your possession at all times.
- Many domestic airline carriers now impose excess baggage fees for one or more bags and bags weighing over 50 lbs., so check with your carrier regarding weight restrictions.
- Princess will make every effort to assist you in safeguarding your belongings. But remember, you are responsible for your things at all times. Princess is not responsible for money, jewelry, cameras, binoculars, documents or any other articles you retain in your personal control.
- All luggage should have a sturdy personal identification tag that will not be lost or damaged in the course of typical airport and trucked luggage handling.
- On journeys including air travel, luggage will be subject to a considerable amount of handling and we would recommend that your luggage be of sturdy construction.
- Princess recommends that your travel protection is adequate enough to cover any possible loss or damage which may occur. Any loss or damage caused by Princess or an airline must be reported immediately to the responsible party.
Formal Wear Rentals
Princess offers formal wear rental on all cruises; this can be arranged prior to embarkation.
Dress with an elegance and style that is perfect for all the formal activities on your cruise with Princess. Cruiseline Formal Wear delivers beautifully-tailored clothing directly to your stateroom.
We strongly recommend you hand-carry all valuables and breakables, including jewelry, electronics and cameras as well as any medications. Please read the Passage Contract for limitations and responsibilities for lost items and baggage.
FAQ: Cruise Answer Place
- Alaska Cruisetours
- Asia Cruisetours
- Australia Cruisetours
- Canada & New England Cruisetours
- Europe Cruisetours
- South America Cruisetours
Cruise Answer Book
Ready to Come Back New?
Search our range of itineraries to find one that's right for you.
Find a Cruise