FAQ: Alaska Cruisetours
There's nothing else like it in the world, an Alaska cruisetour with Princess Cruises. From the incredible glaciers and charming Inside Passage towns of your voyage, to stays in dramatic Princess wilderness lodges at Denali National Park and beyond, it's certain to be the land-and-sea adventure you've always dreamed of. We look forward to welcoming you and being your host in the Great Land.
Below is supplemental information for the land portion of your cruisetour. Click on a topic headline to view detailed information relating to your selection.
The following charts offer recommended flight arrival and departure times:
Note: Please be aware that your hotel room may not be available until 3 p.m. on the first day of your cruisetour.
Land Tour First, Then Cruise
|Arrival Locations||Suggested Flight Arrival Time|
|Anchorage||No later than 11 p.m. first night of cruisetour.|
|Fairbanks||Arrive at any time first night of cruisetour.|
|Seattle||Arrive at any time first night of cruisetour. Refer to your detailed cruisetour itinerary (found in the Cruise Personalizer®) for information on the first night of your cruisetour in Seattle.|
Note: Please be aware that your hotel room may not be available until 3 p.m. on the day of your arrival.
|Departure Locations||Suggested Flight Departure Time|
|Vancouver Pier to Vancouver Airport||No earlier than 11 a.m. domestic/12:00 p.m. International on disembarkation day.|
|Vancouver Pier to Seattle Airport||No earlier than 4 p.m. disembarkation day.|
Transfer time: 5 hours.
Cruise First, Then Land Tour
|Arrival Locations||Suggested Flight Arrival Time|
|Seattle for Vancouver Sailing||No later than 10 a.m. embarkation day.|
Transfer time is 4 hours.
|Vancouver||No later than 2:30 p.m domestic / 2:00 p.m. international on embarkation day.|
|Departure Locations||Suggested Flight Departure Time|
|Anchorage||Refer to your detailed cruisetour itinerary (found in the Cruise Personalizer®) for information on the last day of your cruisetour to determine departure time.|
|Fairbanks||Refer to your detailed cruisetour itinerary (found in the Cruise Personalizer®) for information on the last day of your cruisetour to determine departure time.|
|Seattle||Refer to your detailed cruisetour itinerary (found in the Cruise Personalizer®) for information on the last day of your cruisetour to determine departure time.|
US & Canada only 800-545-0008
Outside US & Canada 661-284-4410
Within Australia 13 24 88
Lift-equipped motorcoaches, accessible hotel rooms and seating on trains are limited and need to be secured in advance. Should you need a wheelchair, it is imperative that you bring your own or make arrangements for one to be provided.
You can pre-reserve a wheelchair and have it and other medical equipment delivered on land by contacting Special Needs at Sea at 800-513-4515 (outside the US 954-585-0575) or by visiting specialneedsatsea.com.
Alternatively, you can contact CareVacations at 877-478-7827 or www.carevacations.com. For any special accessibility requests, please put your request in writing and fax it to the Princess Access Office at 661-284-4408 at least 30 days prior to your travel.
Or if you have questions about the program in general, please call the Princess Access Office at 661-284-4521.
On Land in Alaska
There are important differences between the cruise and land portions of your cruisetour. Please read the following section to better understand those differences.
All Princess destinations in Alaska lie in the Alaska Daylight Time zone, which is one hour earlier than Pacific Standard Time. Seattle, Washington is on Pacific Standard Time, as is Canada's British Columbia and Yukon Territories.
On your Alaska cruisetour, you will enter both the US and Canada. All land expenses incurred in Alaska are in US currency (USD). Any expenses you may incur in Vancouver, B.C., Canada, will be in Canadian currency (CAD).
Unlike cruising, cashless travel does not apply on land. Make sure to have cash and/or a credit card and valid ID on hand. Additional expenses will include and are not limited to: meals at your lodge and elsewhere, room incidentals, shuttle services, laundry, non pre-reserved optional land excursions and gift shop purchases. If you wish to charge meals, drinks or phone calls to your hotel room, stop by the front desk upon arrival at your destination to establish credit.
All meals onboard our railcars, at our wilderness lodges and at other hotels are at your own expense unless otherwise specified in the daily tour itinerary. Visit the Cruise Personalizer for your detailed itinerary. The following is a low-to-high range of what you can expect to pay (in US dollars) for meals in Alaska:
|Meals in Alaska||Range|
|Breakfast entrée||$9 - $14|
|Appetizer||$6 - $16|
|Soup & Sandwich||$9 - $14|
|Deluxe Hamburger||$10 - $13|
|Salmon dinner||$26 - $37|
|Steak dinner||$26 - $33|
|Dessert||$4 - $10|
Note: Price ranges are approximate and subject to change. Princess will make every effort to meet your special requests for low-sodium, low-fat, low sugar and vegetarian diets. Ask to see the Food and Beverage manager or Hotel Services Manager at your lodge or hotel to communicate your needs.
Gratuities are not included during the land portion of your cruisetour. Gratuities are a personal matter and an expression of appreciation for genuine, personal service provided by knowledgeable and creative professionals. Below are suggested ranges (in US dollars) to assist you in determining what gratuity amount is appropriate. Please extend any gratuities on an individual basis, not as a group.
|Meals||Average 15% gratuity for server|
|Driver Guides, Train Staff and Land Excursion Guide||$2.00 (half-day of service per person),|
$4.00 (full-day of service per person)
|Escorted Tour Director||$5 - $7 (per person, per day)|
|Housekeeping||$2.00 per room per night|
The US operates on a 110-volt system, and uses a plug with two flat parallel prongs. Most US electrical outlets will have a third round, ground hole. A two-prong plug will still work in a three-hole outlet. If you are traveling from outside the US, you may need a plug adapter and/or voltage converter for electronic devices.
Cell Phone Coverage
Given the areas through which you will be traveling, wireless reception may be limited or in some cases, non-existent. Please take this into consideration prior to your departure so that your family and friends are aware. Contact your cell phone carrier to determine limitations and services that exist in Alaska and Canada.
Traveling with Children
While traveling in Alaska with infants or children, it is prohibited for the operator of a motor vehicle to transport any person under the age of 16 if they are not secured in that vehicle using a safety device approved by the US Department of Transportation. Alaska law requires that infants and children under the age five be secured in the appropriate car seat, booster seat or other child restraint system. Children and teens five to 16 years of age must be secured using a safety device which is appropriate for that person. It is imperative that you bring any device, beyond a seat belt, that you deem necessary to properly secure your child. Some land or shore excursions utilize smaller vehicles and will require you and your child to be secured while traveling. This includes tours into Denali National Park.
Cruisetours cover a broad range of destinations with an equally wide variety of weather possibilities, so we suggest you bring clothes that are suited to layering. This will offer the greatest flexibility in adapting your clothing to the conditions of the day.
This average low/high temperature chart will give you an idea of what to expect:
Average Low/High Temperatures (degrees Fahrenheit)
|Coastal Alaska/British Columbia: Mild summers, frequent rain||46/54||54/62||58/66||56/64||48/55|
|Interior Alaska/Interior Canada: Sometimes hot/dry in summer||48/70||55/70||61/90||56/80||45/60|
Many guests have concerns about the altitude encountered during their journeys. The following chart shows the maximum elevations you will encounter on your cruisetour:
|Denali National Park||3,900 ft. (Tundra Wilderness Tour)|
2,800 ft. (Natural History Tour)
|Copper River cruisetours||4,068 ft. (to and from Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge)|
|Copper River Princess Wilderness Lodge||1,040 ft.|
|Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge||1,600 ft.|
|Kenai Princess Wilderness Lodge||920 ft. (Turnagain Pass)|
|Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge||720 ft.|
Take measures to avoid being bitten by insects and wear light colored, loose-fitting clothing that covers your arms and legs. Regularly apply an insect repellent.
You may encounter some of Alaska's abundant wildlife while ashore. We strongly suggest you keep a good distance from wildlife to avoid danger, and never attempt to touch or feed any of the animals you may see from the ship or while ashore.
Pre-pay Land Excursions
Princess is pleased to offer you the ability to purchase your excursions for the land portion of your cruise tour using the Cruise Personalizer at princess.com. Included is a list of land excursion options customized to best fit your itinerary with detailed information about each excursion. When you are ready to purchase your land excursions, go to the Cruise Personalizer and have your booking number and credit card information ready to enter. Princess accepts Princess Visa, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and Diner’s Club. Confirmed excursions can be viewed at any time in your detailed itinerary in the Cruise Personalizer and will also be listed on your Welcome Envelope that you’ll receive at each cruise tour location during your Princess Land & Sea Vacation. Land excursions may be cancelled up to three (3) days prior to travel without a cancellation fee. Cancellations made within three (3) days of travel are 100% non-refundable. Note that excursion availability is based on cruise tour date, capacity limitations and suitable weather conditions. Land excursions are subject to change at any time and are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Guests are encouraged to book early as space is limited and flightseeing tours in particular may not be available right up to tour departure date. Prior to travel, print your Travel Itinerary which will have a list of all your confirmed land excursions. Make your cruise tour with Princess an even more memorable one and purchase your land excursions today.
Note: For those guests without internet access or requiring assistance, you may call 1-800-PRINCESS (1-800-774-6237). All phone reservations must be received five days prior to your cruisetour departure date and all cancellations must be received three days prior to your cruisetour departure date.
Alaska Land Excursions, purchased through the Cruise Personalizer, may be cancelled up to three days prior to travel without any cancellation fees. Land Excursions cancelled prior to the cancellation deadline will be refunded to the credit card that you provided in the Cruise Personalizer to purchase your tours. Excursions cancelled within three (3) days prior travel are subject to a 100% cancellation fee, unless the operator, at their sole discretion, is unable to operate the program due to unforeseen circumstances. All sales of tours booked while on your land tour are considered final at the time of purchase and are 100% non-refundable except in the case of an operator approved cancellation.
Provided that children are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, there is typically no minimum age required on most excursions. Children's prices are available for most tours; in most cases there is no charge for children under the age of two, provided they do not occupy a seat. Individuals under 18 may be required to provide parental written consent if attending the tour alone. For tours involving travel by van, children under the age of five or who weigh less than 40 lbs. must be seated in a child safety seat. (Federal Law does not require child safety in motorcoaches).
On helicopter tours, children need to be two or older and require their own seat. On fixed-wing flightseeing tours, children under 24 months of age are considered lap infants and may ride free of charge.
Given Alaska's fluctuating climate, we strongly suggest you dress in layers and wear comfortable, low-heeled walking shoes or sturdier shoes for activities such as hiking. You might want to bring a fold-up umbrella and a light jacket in your carry-on. Bringing sunglasses on your excursion is highly recommended.
In selling tickets (including coupons or vouchers) or otherwise promoting or making arrangements for excursions - whether for air, land or local water transportation; tours; sports or any other recreational activities; shore accommodations or meals or for any service, facility or activity other than onboard Princess ships - Princess acts only as agent for the independent tour operator supplying such excursions or services. Participation by a guest on excursions is conditioned upon such guest's acceptance of the terms and conditions set forth in the Passage Contract, the excursion ticket and, depending on the activity, other documents which, among other things, expressly release Princess from any liability for such participation. Participation may also be subject to the independent tour operators' own terms and conditions.
Excursion Departure Times
Guests are requested to report to the specified departure location at least ten minutes prior to the time designated on your Welcome Envelope or tour ticket. Checking in with our tour desk hosts is encouraged to reconfirm all tour times.
Excursions with Limited Participation
Excursions may be purchased in advance of your departure on a first-come, first-served basis. Many excursions have limited participation and reservations will be processed in the order received. When excursions are fully subscribed, guests are not placed on a waiting list. Guests are encouraged to check in at our tour desks to see if any space has opened up on tours that were previously noted as sold out in the Cruise Personalizer.
- Conditions and seasonality
Fish runs are dependent on spawning seasons, weather, river levels, commercial fishing pressure, and numerous other variables. Your fishing location and/or destination could change depending on these conditions and state regulations at the time of your visit. Please remember you have purchased an opportunity to catch fish, not a guarantee to do so. Water conditions vary. Rivers fed by glacier water appear gray due to the high silt content and rivers fed by lake water are clear. The Copper River section features fishing tours on both glacier fed (the Klutina) and clear water (the Gulkana) rivers. Kenai offers clear water fishing on the upper and lower Kenai River. Seasonality of species varies with each river as is mentioned in the tour descriptions.
If the Alaska Department of Fish and Game determines that there are not enough salmon entering the river to sustain an adequate regeneration population, the fishing season may be cut back, catch limits decreased, or other similar regulatory rules implemented. In order to conserve salmon and other species, current regulations require you to stop fishing once you have retained the maximum limit by law. Information on Alaska's current regulations can also be found online at www.adfg.state.ak.us. If your tour is not designated as catch and release, your catch can be processed and shipped home for an additional charge. In most cases, this service can be arranged through the fishing guide or the tour company. Due to Alaskan law, the lodges are not allowed to process and/or cook any sport caught salmon. Because of its perishable nature and US Customs regulations, your catch may not be sent outside of the United States in most cases.
Fishing licenses are not included in the excursion price. Fishing licenses will be handled locally. We will assist you with arranging a fishing license, either through the guide service, or at the lodge location. Prices for a license will vary depending on the number of days you choose to fish. A one day non-resident sport fishing license is $20. King Salmon require an additional $10 stamp. Go to www.adfg.state.ak.us for more details on pricing. Children under 16 do not need a fishing license.
Due to weight and balance limitations of small aircraft, as well as for your own safety and comfort, flightseeing operators require Princess to provide the individual weights of all our guests. As a result, prior to your flightseeing excursion, lodge personnel will be requesting this information from you so that we can provide it to the flightseeing operator in a timely manner. Helicopters may carry up to 6 guests depending on combined group weight and carry-on items are limited to a camera that can be carried on your lap. Please note, the flight length and amount of time spent on the glacier, shown in the duration section of each tour, are approximate and may vary due to weather conditions.
Personal articles should remain at all times under the guest's custody and control. Be careful that you do not leave your possessions unattended at any time in the vehicle or coach in which you are traveling, unless instructed otherwise. For most flightseeing tours you will be asked to leave behind all carry-on's and our operators have been instructed to secure these for you while you are on tour.
The prices for the excursions are in US dollars and subject to change without notice. All quotations made include conveyance according to the itinerary and, where applicable, meals, refreshments, guides, and entrance fees, unless otherwise stated. Children, other than infants in arms, will be charged full fare unless noted otherwise.
In the event of any excursion being canceled for reasons beyond our control, a full refund will be made. Land Excursions that were pre-reserved, auto charged and then cancelled due to weather will be refunded using the same credit card used to book your excursions. These refunds will typically be reflected on your credit card statement between 7-10 business days after cancellation. Tours booked while on your land tour are considered final at the time of purchase and are 100% non-refundable except in the case of a cancellation by the vendor. Should any excursion have to be abandoned through force majeure or difficulties en route, the best possible refund will be arranged according to the circumstances.
Princess is dedicated to providing the best tour experience possible for our guests and we work with a number of companies to provide a diverse and entertaining tour product for you to choose from. Each season excursions that surpass expectations and individual guides who provide excellent service are presented awards. You can assist us with recognizing outstanding tours and guides by simply completing the short service recognition form available at the sales desks at each sales location. If you experience a problem while on tour, we ask that you immediately contact one of our local managers so that we can work to resolve it while you enjoy the rest of your vacation.
We have a no smoking policy while our guests are on transportation tours of any kind or in an enclosed environment.
Tipping is a discretionary matter. However, it is customary, if one is pleased with the tour, to tip the tour guide.
The standards of transport vary considerably throughout the state. Air-conditioned coaches are not available in many areas. Guests wishing to travel with friends should all leave together, as this will help the Tour Staff to allocate them space in the same vehicle. For the comfort of all guests, smoking is prohibited aboard the sightseeing vehicles.
For guests using wheelchairs, we recommend reserving the accessible sightseeing tours as designated by the wheelchair icon in the Cruise Personalizer. Some tours not designated as suitable for wheelchairs may be adaptable to your unique circumstances depending on your abilities. If a particular tour is of special interest, please inquire as to what limitations exist to see if they apply to you. Wheelchairs are not provided by our Tour Suppliers.
We cannot guarantee that you will see wildlife. Our Tour Suppliers make every effort to fulfill a tour's description; however, weather, time of season and other factors beyond our control can affect wildlife sightings and scenic views.
Withdrawal of Tours
The Tour Operator reserves the right to withdraw any excursion through lack of demand and to make any alterations that they may deem advisable for the comfort of the guests, bearing in mind the convenience and best interest of each group.
Denali National Park Tours
Denali National Park Tours
Most Princess Alaska cruisetours include an exciting tour through the park; however, Princess offers the flexibility to choose your preferred experience from four unique tour options. Select the appropriate Denali National Park tour experience for you.
Learn more about tour options
For cruisetour guests without an included park tour, you may book your tour through Land Excursions by going to the Cruise Personalizer® on princess.com.
To change the Denali Park tour on an existing Alaska cruisetour booking, please have your Travel Agent call Princess. If you didn't use a Travel Agent to book your cruisetour call a Princess Representative at 1-800-426-0442. The price difference will be applied to the booking. Don't wait; availability is limited. Space is assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Not all requests can be accommodated. Changes must be made 14 days prior to departure.
Note: No tour operator, including Princess, is authorized to use their own motorcoach inside the park boundary. Sightseeing tours inside of Denali National Park use school buses. Children under 5 years and/or 40 pounds are required to be in a child safety device (car seat) to ride on buses. Guests must bring their own child safety device.
What to Bring
Alaska is very casual both in the evenings, as well as the day. Casual, active sportswear is the best option, as you will likely be enjoying tours and activities outdoors. You'll want comfortable clothes and good walking shoes, and the ability to be layered for everything from sunny afternoons to chilly nights. As the weather can be unpredictable, a warm jacket is advisable.
Here is a brief listing of suggested items:
- Water repellent coat or jacket
- Rain hat
- Comfortable walking shoes or sneakers
- Lightweight windbreaker
- Pants or shorts
- Warm coat (temperatures can get lower in the evening)
- Same attire as worn during the day - casual
Other Recommended Items
- Travel alarm clock
- Insect repellent
- Car seat for those traveling with children
- US National Parks pass (not required)
- Collapsible umbrella
All Princess cruisetours include our hassle-free luggage handling service every step of the way. During the land portion of your vacation, we'll take care of transporting your luggage from one location to the next.
Important luggage reminders:
- Essential medicines, travel documents, valuables and breakables should be hand carried in your possession at all times.
- All Alaska luggage tags for the land portion of your cruisetour will be distributed by Princess Representatives in Alaska. Luggage tags for the cruise portion of your cruisetour should be printed prior to leaving home.
- Luggage fees imposed by airlines are the responsibility of each guest. Please check with each carrier prior to departure for specific guidelines.
- Many domestic airline carriers now impose baggage fees for one or more bags and bags weighing over 50 lbs., so check with your carrier regarding weight restrictions.
- Princess will make every effort to assist you in safeguarding your belongings. But remember, you are responsible for your things at all times. Princess is not responsible for money, jewelry, cameras, binoculars, documents or any other articles you retain in your personal control.
- All luggage should have a sturdy personal identification tag that will not be lost or damaged in the course of typical airport and trucked luggage handling.
- On journeys including air travel, luggage will be subject to a considerable amount of handling and we would recommend that your luggage be of sturdy construction.
- Princess recommends that your travel protection is adequate enough to cover any possible loss or damage which may occur. Any loss or damage caused by Princess or an airline must be reported immediately to the responsible party.
- For guests who have purchased an Air Advantage package, please refer to your detailed itinerary found in the Cruise Personalizer® for additional details regarding luggage.
Packing for your Land Tour
Cruisetours involve many modes of transportation including motorcoaches, trains and sightseeing vehicles so make sure you take only the things you need to ensure comfort for you and your fellow travelers. There are different types of bags to consider for the land portion of your cruisetour.
- You'll want this bag with you every step of the way, so include only the essentials.
- Items to pack in this bag include travel documents, photo ID, important medication, toiletries, camera, and any extra layers of clothing such as jackets or hats.
- Your hand-carry tote bag should be a size that is comfortable to carry and should be able to be stowed under your seat. We recommend soft-sided tote bags or backpacks no larger than 17" x 14" x 4" with a zip enclosure.
- Wheeled carry on cases that are used to carry-on luggage on airlines are too large and are not suitable as hand-carried luggage on motorcoaches and trains.
"Join Me Tonight" Luggage
You are allowed one piece of "Join Me Tonight" baggage per person on the land portion of your cruisetour. You will simply pack one bag and place luggage where instructed. Our handlers will pick it up and deliver it to your room at the next overnight location on your land tour.
- This bag will be transported separately from you and will not be accessible during transit.
- Items to put in this bag include clothing, sleepwear, nonessential toiletries, extra shoes and anything else you might need at your hotel but do not need access to during the day.
"Join Me Onboard" Luggage (for guests who cruise after their land tour)
- Guests who cruise after their land tour should pack a separate bag for items they will not need on land.
- This bag is perfect for the items you may need on your cruise but will not need on your land tour, such as formal wear, dress shoes, or dinner jackets. On the land portion of your cruisetour, the dress code is always casual so there is no need for any formal wear.
- All luggage is delivered to the first destination on your land itinerary. Upon departure from that city, the "Join Me Onboard" tagged bags will be securely stored until they are delivered to your stateroom onboard.
"Join Me in Fairbanks/Anchorage" Luggage (for guests who cruise prior to their land tour)
- Guests who cruise prior to their land tour should pack all the items they used on their cruise and will not need on land in this piece of luggage. After disembarkation from the ship, these bags will be inaccessible until delivered upon your arrival in the final destination of your itinerary.
- Please identify your chosen pieces of luggage (excluding the one "Join Me Tonight" bag) with the "Join Me" tags based on your final destination.
- Government-issued photo identification and boarding information are required prior to embarkation.
- Storage space is limited; we request that your hand-carry tote bag should be a size that is comfortable to carry and should be able to be stowed under your seat. We recommend soft-sided tote bags or backpacks no larger than 17" x 14" x 4" with a zipper enclosure.
- Please do not bring food for consumption onboard.
|Rail||Rail Segments||Duration||Car Type||Food Service||Other|
|Direct-to-the-Wilderness||Between Whittier and Denali (for service to/from Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge)||Approx. 9.5hrs^^||Double-decker glass domed luxury rail cars||Dining is available onboard the train^||*Princess Rail Guides provide narration en route|
*Gift Shop onboard
*Open-air viewing platform
|Direct-to-the-Wilderness||Between Whittier and Talkeetna (for service to/from Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge)||Approx. 5.5hrs^^||Single-level glass domed cars||Dining is available onboard the train^||*Princess Rail Guides provide narration en route|
*Club car onboard
|Princess Rail Service||Between Anchorage and Talkeetna; between Talkeetna and Denali||Approx. 4hrs^^||Double-decker glass domed luxury rail cars||Dining is available onboard the train^||*Princess Rail Guides provide narration en route|
*Gift Shop onboard
*Open-air viewing platform
|Alaska Railroad Service||Between Denali and Fairbanks||Approx. 4hrs^^||Double-decker glass domed luxury rail cars||Dining is available onboard the train^||Alaska Railroad Rail Guide provide narration en route|
^Expect to pay prices similar to a hotel restaurant. If meals are included or pre-purchased they will be specified in your itinerary in the Cruise Personalizer®.
^^Travel time is an estimate and varies.
- Princess provides trained and knowledgeable drivers for your motorcoach travels.
- Motorcoach segments between all points tend to be shorter in duration than rail.
- Seating aboard the coaches is not assigned, but guests may be asked to rotate throughout each day to allow everyone access to the forward seats.
- Ample stops are made for photo and rest breaks.
- Coaches are equipped with restrooms.
- All sightseeing tours inside Denali National Park are operated by the National Park Service concessionaire. No tour operator, including Princess, is authorized to use their own motorcoach inside the park boundary. Sightseeing tours inside of Denali National Park use school buses.
- Princess utilizes both Princess-owned-and-operated lodges as well as independent 3rd party hotels and your cruisetour could include overnight stays at either.
- Check-in time for Anchorage and Fairbanks hotels is typically 3 p.m. on the first day of your cruisetour, while check-out time is no later than 11 a.m. on your final day at each lodge or hotel. If you have charged items of a personal nature to your room, please settle your account at least one hour before departure time.
- You will be assigned a hotel prior to travel. This information will be available in the Cruise Personalizer® 21 days prior to departure and a notification will be sent to your travel agent.
- Hotels are selected for their location, amenities, staff services or historical significance. In larger cities you will find more modern full-service hotels with televisions and telephones in each room and a choice of restaurants. In smaller cities and in the more remote locations, the hotels, though comfortable, are more rustic and the services are limited.
- Air conditioning is not available at most hotels.
- We communicate the bed configuration requested, but bed types are limited and room assignments are at the discretion of the management of each hotel. As a guideline, accommodations for two guests sharing the same room usually consist of one double/queen bed, two twin beds or a double/queen bed with a fold-out couch. Accommodations for the three guest are one double/queen bed with a fold-out couch or rollaway. Accommodations for four guests are two double/queen beds.
- Smoking is prohibited in the hotel rooms, dining venues and common areas at Princess-owned properties. For other Alaska accommodations, we communicate the smoking or non-smoking preferences, but due to availability, these room types are not guaranteed.
- Some Alaska hotels do not have elevators. If you have special requests or concerns regarding accessibility, or if you would like to request disabled or easy access hotel rooms, refer to the Special Needs/Access section for instructions and contact information.
- Check-in time for Anchorage and Fairbanks hotels is typically 3 p.m., while check-out is no later than 11 a.m. If you have charged items of a personal nature to your room, please settle your account at least one hour before departure time.
Each Princess wilderness lodge features a gift shop where you can purchase sundries as well as gifts and souvenirs. For those that purchase items at the gift shop but don't have room in their luggage, Princess offers our "Ship Shop" program. For your convenience, we offer shipping for your purchases from any of our gift shop locations. A small handling fee will apply in addition to the actual shipping costs, based on local post office rates.
FAQ: Cruise Answer Place
- Alaska Cruisetours
- Asia Cruisetours
- Australia Cruisetours
- Canada & New England Cruisetours
- Europe Cruisetours
- South America Cruisetours
Cruise Answer Book
Ready to Come Back New?
Search our range of itineraries to find one that's right for you.
Find a Cruise