Alaska Cruisetours: Kenai Princess Wilderness Lodge
Overlooking the turquoise Kenai River, the Kenai Princess Wilderness Lodge® offers the serenity of an Alaska wilderness retreat nestled deep in an emerald forest. The Kenai Peninsula is known as “Alaska's Playground,” and you’ll soon discover why as our lodge is your gateway to explore the rivers, pristine fjords, lush mountains and beyond.
You can spend your time here fishing for prized salmon, river rafting, hiking and more with a variety of optional Alaska land excursions. In the evening, return to the comfort of a crackling fire, and feast on local delicacies, all special features of the Kenai Princess Wilderness Lodge.
Alaska Wilderness Amenities
Each bungalow-style guest room includes vaulted ceilings made of naturally finished wood, a cozy sitting area with a wood-burning stove and private porch. The main lodge boasts a crackling fireplace surrounded by chairs for relaxing and visiting with friends. Just beyond is an expansive deck, overlooking the Kenai River valley and nearby mountains.
Enjoy spirits, appetizers and casual fare outdoors or inside at Rafter's Lounge. Continue to the Eagle's Crest Restaurant where the magnificent views, stone fireplace and tempting Signature Alaskan Cuisine make dining an unforgettable event.
Alaska Land Excursions
Just minutes from our Kenai lodge campus, you'll find world-famous fishing, scenic float trips and river rafting along Kenai River's beautiful turquoise water, as well as spectacular hiking opportunities.
Click below to view excursions that interest you most.
Activities & Adventures
Kenai River Scenic Float – Get away from the crowds for a serene float through the wilderness of the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge. An experienced guide leads you on an 11-mile float on the peaceful turquoise waters of the Kenai River. Watch out for black bears, coyotes, porcupines, snowshoes hares and more.
Kenai Canyon River Rafting – Spend a day exploring the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge on a thrilling Class II+ raft trip on the Kenai River. Enjoy wildlife viewing in the heart of the Refuge, a hearty lunch and a ride across the glacier-carved Skilak Lake or a nature walk up Hidden Creek Trail.
Cooper Landing Trail Ride – Take a horseback ride through the breathtaking landscape of Cooper Landing and discover remote mountain valleys that were once used by trappers, hunters and gold miners. Ride through Kenai Peninsula, trek along the base of Mt. Langille and have lunch among the spruce trees of the Chugach National Forest.
Kenai Nature Hike – Take a hike over a well-maintained trail through Kenai to the salmon-filled waters of the Russian River Falls. A naturalist guide will share information about the area along the way and explain Native Alaskan uses for the various plants encountered on the trail.
Lake Clark Bear Adventure – Experience the thrill of bear watching in Lake Clark National Park Bear Camp, chosen by Outside Magazine as "U.S. Best Bush Camp." This half-day tour begins with a bush plane flight over breathtaking landscape to the remote encampment, where knowledgeable guides help you locate brown bears.
Kenai Hike & Float – This great Kenai option allows guests to float the Kenai River, enjoy a moderate hike to Moose Creek and gold pan surrounded by the amazing views of the Kenai area.
Pilot for A Day: The Ultimate Alaska Adventure – Be a pilot for a day! Enjoy breathtaking views as you take control of the aircraft and truly experience the thrill of the flight.
Nature & Wildlife
Kenai Fjords National Park Cruise – Spend a day cruising the unspoiled wonders of the Kenai Fjords National Park. Marvel at the variety of marine wildlife, including whales, sea lions, sea otters and more. Travel to the face of Aialik Glacier, the most active ''calving'' glacier in the park. A complimentary lunch is provided.
Kenai Upper River Fishing - Half Day Fishing – Relax for a few hours for some fishing along the Kenai River for sockeye and coho salmon, Dolly Varden and rainbow trout. Rainbows are carefully handled, photographed and released. Fishing gear, a snack and beverage are included. Fishing licenses are available at the Kenai Princess Wilderness Lodge.
Kenai Upper River - Full Day Fishing – Get away from the crowds and fish along the Kenai River for sockeye and coho salmon, Dolly Varden and rainbow trout. Rainbows are carefully handled, photographed and released. Fishing gear and lunch are included. Fishing licenses are available at the Kenai Princess Wilderness Lodge.
Alaska Husky Spirit – Meet dog musher Lorraine Temple and her huskies to learn what it takes to train these ''canine athletes''. The entertaining program also features a dog harnessing demonstration, a spectacular video and slide show.
Gold Panning with Prospector John – Try your hand in gold panning on this tour in Cooper Landing. Prospector John will take you back to the days of the Gold Rush as you pan through pay dirt to uncover your "finds." Take home your riches and a true Alaskan experience.
Sightseeing & City Tour
Explore Historic Seward – Take a guided tour along Alaska's only National Scenic Byway and a trip into the historic town of Seward. A variety of in-town explorations and optional attractions await you including the Seward Museum, Alaska Sealife Center, Exit Glacier and more.
Explore Cooper Landing – You'll be delighted with stops at a spectacular scenic viewpoint, a gold panning demonstration, a visit to the museum where there is an actual sled dog kennel, a visit to a native interpretive site, gift shop/ice cream/espresso, visit to a local homestead where you are graciously invited into their home and a final stop at the most unique cemetery ever!
How to Book Alaska Land Excursions in Alaska
Pre-reserving a Princess Cruises optional land excursion is simple and by doing so, you’ll ensure your spot on the tours that interest you most. Plus we take care of all the details so you get the most out of your Alaska cruisetour.
Pre-Reserving an Alaska land excursion
- Review your Alaska cruisetour itinerary in the Cruise Personalizer®. Included is a list of land excursion options that are customized to best fit your itinerary with detailed information about each excursion. You may browse through these options or create a personalized brochure of your excursion options to save, print and/or review at your leisure.
- When you are ready to pre-reserve your land excursions, have your booking number and credit card information ready to enter. A credit card must be registered for each passenger that wishes to participate on a land excursion. Although a credit card is required to reserve your excursion(s), you may pre-reserve all of your land excursions with no deposit required. An auto-charge of all pre-reserved excursions will take place two days prior to your first land excursion booking. Confirmed pre-reserved excursions can be viewed at any time in your detailed itinerary in the Cruise Personalizer.
- The Cruise Personalizer will remain open until your cruisetour departure date so you may add or cancel tours prior to the cancellation deadline without penalty. Excursions cancelled once the auto-charge has been processed are subject to a 100% penalty. Note that excursion availability is based on cruisetour date, capacity limitations, and suitable weather conditions. Excursions are subject to change at any time and available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Guests are encouraged to book early as space is limited and flightseeing tours in particular may not be available for pre-reserving right up to tour departure date. Prior to travel, print your Travel Summary which will have a listing of all of your pre-reserved land excursions. You will also receive information on confirmed excursions in your Welcome Envelope upon arrival at each location.
Why choose a Princess Land Excursion in Alaska?
Variety – A wide range of customized tours geared for all interests and activity levels, from less than an hour to all day immersions, so you can get the most out of your cruisetour.
Availability – You can pre-reserve your tours through the Cruise Personalizer® to ensure your spot on the most popular tours.
Expertise - Each tour is led by experts, often residents of Alaska, who truly know the Great Land.
Convenience - Princess organizes your tour so your time is maximized and worry-free.
Peace of mind - All tours are carefully selected by Princess to ensure your safety
- Alaska Cruise
- Alaska Cruises
- Alaska Cruisetours
- Why Take an Alaska Cruise Vacation?
- Ports & Excursions
- Alaska Cruise Ships
Search our range of itineraries to find one that's right for you.
Experience AlaskaWatch Video (05:47)
Alaska LodgesWatch Video (04:00)
The Heart of Alaska
New! Go NorthWatch Video (02:07)
- On board an Alaska Cruise Vacation
- Alaska Cruises: National Parks
- Alaska Cruisetours: Princess Wilderness Lodges
- Alaska Rail Service
- Extending Your Alaska Cruise
- Land Excursions