Welcome to Anchorage, your gateway to all that an Alaska cruise vacation has to offer. Glaciers, mountains, wildlife, Native Alaskan culture and some of the best shopping and dining in Alaska are all to be found here.
Nestled between the Chugach and the Alaska Mountain Ranges, this is where moose wander the neighborhoods, Beluga whales play in the Cook Inlet waters and eagles soar above. You’ll find world-class museums just a stone’s throw from settlers’ cabins, and with a range of optional Alaska land excursions, you can get to know this area in depth.
Select Alaska cruisetours include an overnight stay at one of Anchorage's fine hotels, carefully chosen by Princess for their reputations for fine service and excellent location to the most popular sights and attractions.
Land Excursions in Alaska
With nearly 20 hours of sunlight in the summer, you'll have ample time for flightseeing tours to view the brown bears of Redoubt Bay or magnificent Mt. McKinley, or take a glacier tour. And a visit to the Anchorage Museum of History and Art boasts a superb collection of Native Alaskan art and artifacts.
Click below to view excursions that interest you most.
Activities & Adventures
Anchorage Flightseeing Safari – Experience a true Alaskan mode of transportation, the seaplane, and get a unique perspective of Anchorage, a city nestled between the Chugach Mountains and Cook Inlet. Take in the views of Anchorage and its surrounding wilderness from the air on this half-day excursion.
Glacier Discovery Train & Float – Take a scenic train ride around Turnagain Arm with an onboard naturalist. You’ll have opportunities to view Dall sheep, moose and bald eagles, as well as miles of spectacular scenery. Then, go rafting amongst the icebergs on Spencer Lake. Lunch is included on this full-day excursion.
Redoubt Bay Lodge Bear Viewing – Observe Alaska’s black and brown bears in their natural habitat on this full-day excursion. Fly to Lake Clark Wilderness Preserve and discover these magnificent creatures, undisturbed, with a naturalist guide from a boat on the water.
Prince William Sound Glacier Flightseeing Tour – Prince William Sound is a magnificent region with over fifteen thousand square miles of fjords and inlets, dozens of tidewater glaciers and rugged mountain peaks. This flightseeing excursion is one of our most popular.
Portage Glacier Cruise Tour – Venture on a spectacular cruise across Portage Lake, home to Portage Glacier, a relic of the Ice Age. This half-day tour also takes you to the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center. Guests may opt for a tram ride to the top of Mt. Alyeska.
Sightseeing & City Tours
Explore Anchorage City & Wildberry Park Tour (w/Lunch) – Take a historical journey of Anchorage on this half-day excursion. You’ll visit Anchorage's Museum at Rasmuson Center and the Alaska Wildberry Theatre, as well as go on a guided sightseeing tour of the city. Lunch is included.
How to Book Alaska Land Excursions in Alaska
Pre-reserving a Princess Cruises optional land excursion is simple and by doing so, you’ll ensure your spot on the tours that interest you most. Plus we take care of all the details so you get the most out of your Alaska cruisetour.
Pre-Reserving an Alaska land excursion
- Review your Alaska cruisetour itinerary in the Cruise Personalizer®. Included is a list of land excursion options that are customized to best fit your itinerary with detailed information about each excursion. You may browse through these options or create a personalized brochure of your excursion options to save, print and/or review at your leisure.
- When you are ready to pre-reserve your land excursions, have your booking number and credit card information ready to enter. A credit card must be registered for each passenger that wishes to participate on a land excursion. Although a credit card is required to reserve your excursion(s), you may pre-reserve all of your land excursions with no deposit required. An auto-charge of all pre-reserved excursions will take place two days prior to your first land excursion booking. Confirmed pre-reserved excursions can be viewed at any time in your detailed itinerary in the Cruise Personalizer.
- The Cruise Personalizer will remain open until your cruisetour departure date so you may add or cancel tours prior to the cancellation deadline without penalty. Excursions cancelled once the auto-charge has been processed are subject to a 100% penalty. Note that excursion availability is based on cruisetour date, capacity limitations, and suitable weather conditions. Excursions are subject to change at any time and available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Guests are encouraged to book early as space is limited and flightseeing tours in particular may not be available for pre-reserving right up to tour departure date. Prior to travel, print your Travel Summary which will have a listing of all of your pre-reserved land excursions. You will also receive information on confirmed excursions in your Welcome Envelope upon arrival at each location.
Why choose a Princess Land Excursion in Alaska?
Variety – A wide range of customized tours geared for all interests and activity levels, from less than an hour to all day immersions, so you can get the most out of your cruisetour.
Availability – You can pre-reserve your tours through the Cruise Personalizer® to ensure your spot on the most popular tours.
Expertise - Each tour is led by experts, often residents of Alaska, who truly know the Great Land.
Convenience - Princess organizes your tour so your time is maximized and worry-free.
Peace of mind - All tours are carefully selected by Princess to ensure your safety
- Alaska Cruise
- Alaska Cruises
- Alaska Cruisetours
- Why Take an Alaska Cruise Vacation?
- Ports & Excursions
- Alaska Cruise Ships
Search our range of itineraries to find one that's right for you.
Experience AlaskaWatch Video (05:47)
Alaska LodgesWatch Video (04:00)
The Heart of Alaska
New! Go NorthWatch Video (02:07)
- On board an Alaska Cruise Vacation
- Alaska Cruises: National Parks
- Alaska Cruisetours: Princess Wilderness Lodges
- Alaska Rail Service
- Extending Your Alaska Cruise
- Land Excursions