Alaska Cruisetours: Copper River Princess Wilderness Lodge®
The Copper River Princess Wilderness Lodge® in Alaska is situated on 200 acres in the middle of the Alaska wilderness at the junction of the Klutina and Copper Rivers with spectacular mountain views and breathtaking scenery of Wrangell-St. Elias National Park.
Considered one of the most spectacular destinations in Alaska and the largest national park in the United States, Wrangell-St. Elias offers a stunning setting for the Copper River Princess Wilderness Lodge. And with a host of optional Alaska cruise land excursions, you can explore all this region has to offer.
Alaska Wilderness Amenities
This Princess lodge features a dining area that showcases Alaska's breathtaking views. The Wrangell Room, focal point of the Copper River Princess Wilderness Lodge, features a staircase leading to a mezzanine with a two-story wall of windows and décor that recalls the region's mining heritage.
Along with a gourmet menu, our Two Rivers Restaurant provides excellent mountain and valley views. For more casual fare, The Whistle Stop Bar and Grill serves up the same amazing views. And, our Signature Alaskan Cuisine includes mouth-watering appetizers followed by authentic regional entrees.
Alaska Land Excursions
The Copper River region is renowned for its salmon fishing and vast Wrangell-St. Elias National Park. There are also river rafting, flightseeing and off-road adventures, historic mining sites and a rich Native history to discover.
Click below to view excursions that interest you most.
Nature & Wildlife
Prince William Sound Glacier Cruise –Travel through the green forested hillsides to Valdez and embark on an eye-opening journey through Prince William Sound and come face to face with one of the world’s fasting moving glacier. Then marvel at the wildlife of the Sound: seals, sea lions, sea otters, puffins and whales.
Copper Country Discovery Tour – Immerse yourself in the natural wonders of Copper River Country. Enjoy a scenic ride and interpretive discussion with a professional naturalist guide.
Activites & Adventures
Scenic Wilderness Rafting – Relax on an easy class II float on remote sections of the Gulkana and Copper Rivers and drift past bald eagle nesting sites and see fish wheels in action as you keep a watchful eye for bears, caribou and moose along the shore.
Historic Kennicott & Wrangell-St. Elias Flightseeing Adventure – Soar over the Wrangell-St. Elias Park en route to historic ghost towns. With over 20,000 square miles of roadless wilderness, flying is the only way to see and experience the wonders of this breathtaking wilderness. Then take a walking tour of the old coppering mining towns of McCarthy and Kennicott.
Worthington Glacier Hike – Take a snow day and hike on the ice blue Worthington Glacier. After reaching the glacier, strap on a pair of crampons, then take a hike with experienced guides.
Wild & Scenic Backcountry Rafting – Ride the rushing whitewater of the glacier-fed Klutina River through a beautiful valley of tall canyon style bluffs and gently forested walls. Hear stories of the area’s geology, U.S. Army exploration and gold rush history while viewing the dynamic scenery.
Whitewater Jet Boat Adventure – Climb board a jet boat for an exhilarating class III whitewater adventure on the Klutina River. As you hear stories about the gold hunters who braved these waters over a hundred years ago, keep a lookout for nesting bald eagles, black bears, grizzlies, moose, and spawning salmon.
Copper River Scenic Jet Boat Tour – Visit one of Alaska’s most untouched territories in a luxurious jet boat, complete with digital video screens. As you head down the Copper River, look out for eagles, caribou wolves, and brown bears. Stop for a quick tour to see items from the gold rush days.
Wrangell St. Elias Air Panorama – Explore the largest national park in the United States by air! Your bird’s eye view of the Wrangell-St. Elias Park includes jagged glaciers, pristine valleys, unique mud volcanoes and hair-raising views of the Chugach, Wrangell and St. Elias mountain ranges. Look out below for caribou, bison and grizzlies.
Valdez Coastal Kayak Adventure – Take an exciting kayaking tour through Duck Flats in Prince William Sound near Valdez. Paddle the calm waters while surrounded by the beauty and majesty of the Chugach Mountains while keeping a watchful eye out for sea lions, harbor seals, sea otters and a variety of marine birds.
Scenic ATV Nature Ride – Climb in the driver’s seat or just come along for the ride in one of our sporty multi passenger “side by side” ATV’s for a morning of nature and knobby tires.
Mile High Chugach ATV Adventure – Climb in the driver’s seat or just come along for the ride in one of our sporty multi passenger “side by side” ATV’s for an exciting ascent from 750ft of elevation in the Copper River Valley to over 5,300 ft. in the rugged Chugach Mountains.
Kennicott Explorer – Step back in time and explore the historic copper mining town of Kennicott. Stroll through the frontier town of McCarthy and experience life in the Last Frontier.
Sled Dog Demonstration & Ride – Meet genuine sled dogs that compete in Alaska's winter sporting events and provide everyday transportation. After learning how the dogs stay in shape during the summer months, a local musher and his dog team will take you on an unforgettable ride on a wheeled cart through the wilderness.
Salmon Fishing by Raft - Half Day – A splendid combination of salmon fishing in the pristine rivers of the Copper Valley and the stunning distant snow-covered peaks of the Wrangell Mountains add up to a world-class fishing experience. This half day excursion includes a river float and fishing from the riverbanks
Salmon Fishing Raft - Full Day – A splendid combination of salmon fishing in the pristine rivers of the Copper Valley and the stunning distant snow-covered peaks of the Wrangell Mountains add up to a world-class fishing experience. This full day excursion includes a river float and fishing from the riverbanks.
Salmon Fishing by Jet Boat – Enjoy fishing for World Famous Copper River Salmon. Experience world-class fishing for king and/or red salmon in the rivers of the Copper Valley while surrounded by the stunning distant snow-covered peaks of the Wrangell Mountains.
How to Book Alaska Land Excursions in Alaska
Pre-reserving a Princess Cruises optional land excursion is simple and by doing so, you’ll ensure your spot on the tours that interest you most. Plus we take care of all the details so you get the most out of your Alaska cruisetour.
Pre-Reserving an Alaska land excursion
- Review your Alaska cruisetour itinerary in the Cruise Personalizer®. Included is a list of land excursion options that are customized to best fit your itinerary with detailed information about each excursion. You may browse through these options or create a personalized brochure of your excursion options to save, print and/or review at your leisure.
- When you are ready to pre-reserve your land excursions, have your booking number and credit card information ready to enter. A credit card must be registered for each passenger that wishes to participate on a land excursion. Although a credit card is required to reserve your excursion(s), you may pre-reserve all of your land excursions with no deposit required. An auto-charge of all pre-reserved excursions will take place two days prior to your first land excursion booking. Confirmed pre-reserved excursions can be viewed at any time in your detailed itinerary in the Cruise Personalizer.
- The Cruise Personalizer will remain open until your cruisetour departure date so you may add or cancel tours prior to the cancellation deadline without penalty. Excursions cancelled once the auto-charge has been processed are subject to a 100% penalty. Note that excursion availability is based on cruisetour date, capacity limitations, and suitable weather conditions. Excursions are subject to change at any time and available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Guests are encouraged to book early as space is limited and flightseeing tours in particular may not be available for pre-reserving right up to tour departure date. Prior to travel, print your Travel Summary which will have a listing of all of your pre-reserved land excursions. You will also receive information on confirmed excursions in your Welcome Envelope upon arrival at each location.
Why choose a Princess Land Excursion in Alaska?
Variety – A wide range of customized tours geared for all interests and activity levels, from less than an hour to all day immersions, so you can get the most out of your cruisetour.
Availability – You can pre-reserve your tours through the Cruise Personalizer® to ensure your spot on the most popular tours.
Expertise - Each tour is led by experts, often residents of Alaska, who truly know the Great Land.
Convenience - Princess organizes your tour so your time is maximized and worry-free.
Peace of mind - All tours are carefully selected by Princess to ensure your safety
- Alaska Cruise
- Alaska Cruises
- Alaska Cruisetours
- Why Take an Alaska Cruise Vacation?
- Ports & Excursions
- Alaska Cruise Ships
Search our range of itineraries to find one that's right for you.
NEW!Watch Video (04:53)
2014 Alaska Preview
Experience AlaskaWatch Video (05:47)
Alaska LodgesWatch Video (04:00)
The Heart of Alaska
New! Go NorthWatch Video (02:07)
- On board an Alaska Cruise Ship
- Alaska Cruises: National Parks
- Alaska Cruisetours: Princess Wilderness Lodges
- Alaska Rail Service
- Extending Your Alaska Cruise
- Land Excursions